So Annoyed! They Changed The Ingredients

So annoyed! Koda has stomach issues, the runs etc. Been struggling lately and now Purina has changed the ingredients in there superciat sensitive kibble which is the only kibble we found she could eat. So far it is not agreeing with her....sigh. does anyone now a kibble that is chicken based, ingredients simple, does not ha e grains and is low in fat. We gave ti get it delivered so the cheaper the better. Supercoat, changed it to fish and put corn back in as well as fancy additives......ggggrrrrrrrr

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can she not eat fish at all? Earthborn Holistic Primitive Feline is grain free but has fish proteins as well as chicken :(

eta Canidae do a grain free that is excellent, but again has some fish

Edited by Crisovar

Can she not eat fish at all? Earthborn Holistic Primitive Feline is grain free but has fish proteins as well as chicken :(

She can eat fish but some other ingredients must be upsetting her as well :(...she doesn't need to be any thinner at the moment.

Much sympathy. I have to look for a new food for Grumpy once his current bag runs out. Fish, no chicken, no animal fat, low protein, low phosphorus. Grumpy's vet suggests we do a home made diet via a someone in the US who's been recommended to him. Need to get some details.

My boy has a very sensitve stomache & is grain allergic. I have found Taste of the Wild dry food very good for him & he loves it. I have him on the "catch of the day" variety but he seems to thrive on all of them really. Earthborn Holistic is our 2nd choice & he goes really well on that one too.

It is really annoying when they change the ingredients, you just find one that works too.

Guest donatella

I'm super happy with Taste of the Wild, it's grain free and there are 4 flavors, Inc chicken

Eta I just read you want cheap so maybe not TOTW

Edited by donatella

As cheap as possible but really if I can get something that works then I will take it. It's just that we are remote WA and can get nothing locally after the supermarket option and even if someone here sold it, it would probably be cheaper to buy myself. Will check out TOTW ingredients again. I did get some sample packs of it but sample packs aren't enough to really test these types of dogs.

Guest donatella

I buy mine from the natural pet store.

Pacific stream canine and smoked salmon are 2 separate flavors :)

I get it lucky that it costs me $30 to feed my girl for a few months, it gets expensive when you have the bigger eaters

Guest lavendergirl

These are the varieties of TOTW

High Prairie Canine® with Roasted Bison & Roasted Venison

Pacific Stream Canine® with Smoked Salmon

Wetlands Canine® with Roasted Fowl

Sierra Mountain Canine® with Roasted Lamb

Canyon River Feline® with Trout & Smoked Salmon

Rocky Mountain Feline® with Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon

Pacific Stream is the only fish based one for dogs - the other smoked salmon one is for cats.

I don't believe "catch of the day" is a TOTW product?

These are the varieties of TOTW

High Prairie Canine® with Roasted Bison & Roasted Venison

Pacific Stream Canine® with Smoked Salmon

Wetlands Canine® with Roasted Fowl

Sierra Mountain Canine® with Roasted Lamb

Canyon River Feline® with Trout & Smoked Salmon

Rocky Mountain Feline® with Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon

Pacific Stream is the only fish based one for dogs - the other smoked salmon one is for cats.

I don't believe "catch of the day" is a TOTW product?

Sorry, my mistake lavender girl got muddled up. I meant the salmon one.

I get it lucky that it costs me $30 to feed my girl for a few months, it gets expensive when you have the bigger eaters

[/quote

I buy mine from Natural Pet Store too. I have 2 BC.s & I also feed a small amount of raw. I am unsure of how much it costs as to how long it lasts. I just see the results.

Guest donatella

I buy mine from Natural Pet Store too. I have 2 BC.s & I also feed a small amount of raw. I am unsure of how much it costs as to how long it lasts. I just see the results.

My girl is chewing through so much more lately though, is it a winter thing?

She loves it though, and looks fabulous, no health problems or itchies :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

:laugh: thats what i was thinking!

I just keep topping up her bowl as she gets through it :laugh: :laugh: