Reverse Sneezing

teekay

I know reverse sneezing is pretty common and my husky does it fairly frequently, no problem.

Just wanted to ask if people thought there could be a reason why Jenna would have suddenly started doing this too. Jenna is 3 years old now and I can not ever remember her having a reverse sneezing attack until yesterday. It was quite a long one too. Really freaked out the other dogs.

She has had a couple of bouts since yesterday morning, but not nearly as long.

Otherwise she seems fine. I just wondered if anyone else's dog had suddenly developed this.

Has there been a change in air quality where you live?

This happened to a Stafford bitch of mine some years ago, turned out that woodheater smoke caused a kind of asthma in her. When we looked back, we realised the same thing had happened the year before at around the same time, we just hadn't put the obvious bits together.

You've got me thinking now Ellz.

I did spray some room smelly stuff on some artificial plants I have in the hallway. I'd forgotten about that. That could be it. :thumbsup:

I do hope that was all it was. Cheers :)

Merlin had an attack of this a couple of years ago, turns out he had inhaled a small seed and was trying to dislodge it. Had to take him to the vets to get his nose flushed and he was ok after that

Merlin had an attack of this a couple of years ago, turns out he had inhaled a small seed and was trying to dislodge it. Had to take him to the vets to get his nose flushed and he was ok after that

Thanks for that. If it doesn't settle down over the next few days I will keep that in mind and of to the vets we go.

It's definitely getting less severe so I'm hoping it was just the room spray.

Thanks for that. If it doesn't settle down over the next few days I will keep that in mind and of to the vets we go.

It's definitely getting less severe so I'm hoping it was just the room spray.

We knew within about 1/2 hour that something wasnt right as he wouldnt stop doing it - so if she has gaps between sneezing then it might be something else triggering it not so much something foreign up the nose. Definitely worth monitoring her though, hope she is ok soon

My BC girl did this in the middle of an agility trial & it sure was scary. :eek: I thought she was having an asthma attack. I gave her a human antihistamine & it seemed to fix it. The agility field had been slashed & there were lots of grass seeds & thistles laying around blowing in the wind. It wasn't till I got home after the weekend & found the reference on DOL that I realised what it was, now I carry antihistamines with me to trials, but so-far havn't had to use them again.