Nikon

wantsapuppy

Do you have your heart set on a DSLR? Just to throw a spanner in the works have you considered a compact system camera? HERE is an example. Fantastic images without the hassle of different lenses etc.

I have always had a DSLR and a compact camera, for when I don't want to lug the big camera around. Compacts used to be just compacts but the one mentioned here and lots of others now have bigger sensors and lots of fantastic features so you can achieve high quality images.

I buy my cameras and lenses from here. http://www.eglobaldi...-cameras.html#4

Great prices!

Edited to add, been surfing about that site and it got me wondering how they can sell stuff so cheap? It's not just a few bucks cheaper but some stuff 100's of $ cheaper

I got my camera and lenses from them as well as the service is great. They are grey imports though so that is a risk you take.

Ok so I went out to Harvey Norman today. The red one of above camera they have a two lense deal for 1080 and the black is 1 lense for 1200 ish. Tinkling I might see if I can get a good bargain and get the price reduced and the. I could look at getting a new lense as well. Or just the one and see how I go. Specially seeing as I will proberly buy a bag and a couple of other things as well.

WAP are you on a mobile device, Im trying to decipher your msg. Do you mean get the cheaper deal and then get an extra lens. If you are thinking of getting a smaller prime lens the 50mm is fantastic if you wanna shoot some portraits of your kids and other stuff this lens is very versatile, there is 3 different varieties the 1.8 is the cheapest at around $150 I had one when I had my Nikon D80 and it spent most of its time on the camera, very versatile little lens. There is a thread in the photos section dedicated to 50mm pics, its great if you wanna see the quality this lens produces.

Just remember that the D3200 doesn't have a built in focus motor, so it will have to be in the lens. So if you wanted the 50mm, you would have to buy the 1.8G ($254), not the 1.8D ($152).

The guy there said something about other models have something built into them that this one doesn't so would have to get the lenses with it built Ina dn they were around 200 more. Or something like that . And yes I was on my mobile . Stupid phone ) he just wouldn't shut the fk up long enough for what he was saying to sink in :rofl: And that's ok I can deal with that ATM. I will be a good entry level and ONE day I might upgrade to something with the built in stuff that I can just screw on any lense so to speak