Bad Gas

Nik

Hi all.

I've done a few searches but haven't found anything (might be because I'm using tapatalk though) Our new pup Reuben has really really bad gas. Clear the room type bad gas.

Just wondering what might be causing it and is there anything I can give him that will lessen the smell. Our other girl Annie has always been farty, but hers rarely smell.

Both of them are currently on Advance active, as this is the food Reuben's breeder wanted him on. Annie seems to be doing very well on it, firm stools, and less output than when she was on Black Hawk. Reuben does more than her, but he is being fed twice the amount that Annie is.

I'm going to try adding some yogurt to his diet, so we'll see how that goes...

Thanks

Guest lavendergirl

Hi all.

I've done a few searches but haven't found anything (might be because I'm using tapatalk though) Our new pup Reuben has really really bad gas. Clear the room type bad gas.

Just wondering what might be causing it and is there anything I can give him that will lessen the smell. Our other girl Annie has always been farty, but hers rarely smell.

Both of them are currently on Advance active, as this is the food Reuben's breeder wanted him on. Annie seems to be doing very well on it, firm stools, and less output than when she was on Black Hawk. Reuben does more than her, but he is being fed twice the amount that Annie is.

I'm going to try adding some yogurt to his diet, so we'll see how that goes...

Thanks

It could simply be that Advance does not agree with him like it does with your girl - though if she is gassy too then a general change of diet may be beneficial for both. Perhaps try a food with less "filler" type of ingredients - wheat and corn - than Advance.

speak to your breeder first. There might be a reason she wants the pup on this food. Some breeders will say any health guarantee might be voided by changing the pups diet. Others will say try this, this or this and some won't care at all.

Thanks

I'm going to speak with the breeder again. She specifically said this one while he is growing then switch to Royal Canin as she believes her dogs do best on this regime. I'm going to try introducing some beneficial gut bacteria via yoghurt/yakult/inner health plus and see if that helps. Mustn't be comfortable with all that gas inside!