An Ear Drop Question

tlc

Thanks, I thought as much. I'm still going to try. I'm away from home and one of my girls has a yucky ear. I always keep a bottle in the fridge at home. No scratching no head shaking but brown and mucky and a little smelly. If I can't get it I'll have to make an appointment.

Has anyone used any home remedies on mucky ears? I gave it a wipe out with a mixture of vinegar and water last night when I first noticed it. She hasn't had an ear infection for about 4 years!

Thanks, I thought as much. I'm still going to try. I'm away from home and one of my girls has a yucky ear. I always keep a bottle in the fridge at home. No scratching no head shaking but brown and mucky and a little smelly. If I can't get it I'll have to make an appointment.

Has anyone used any home remedies on mucky ears? I gave it a wipe out with a mixture of vinegar and water last night when I first noticed it. She hasn't had an ear infection for about 4 years!

If your own vet has prescribed you Surolan, another vet can phone through to your own vet to get the OK to dispense the Surolan. If your own vet is happy to OK the dispensing of the drug, they can sell you some without you taking the dog in. Your own vet would probably OK the purchase of the Surolan if they have seen you recently for the ear problem.

Cheers,

Thought of that too but no ear problems with this dog for 4 years. Recently Cooper had an operation and had to have a course of antibiotics which in turn caused infection in both ears so we were prescribed the drops for him. Had I have been at home I would have just used them.

If the ears aren't too bad, could a cleaning solution like Epi-Otic be of any use?

I usually use something like that its called oti clean after swimming or once a month in winter but being away from home I didn't bring it with me. I decided best to get it checked out just incase. The vet didn't think she has anything in it but it was very mucky, she gave her an anti inflam injection and sent us home with drops (not surolan) they are called tri-otic. So hopefully she will be much improved over the next couple of days.