Not Sure If I've Already Mentioned This Image Editor

persephone

I 'collect' free image editors..give them a fairly intensive trial ..then make a decision.

yes, I have photoshop ..and yes, on the occasions when I wish to do a lot of layer based stuff, or serious image manipulating, I will dust it off, other wise I find it not comfortable to use.

So.. in my 'collecting'/trialling, I came across SAGELIGHT.. and purchased a copy .

I just find it so easy ..lots of sliders, lots of little dialogue boxes with instructions/reminders etc ..and it suits my way of thinking :)

have a look, and a play :)

• 3 weeks later...

This morning, I took this snap of an Apostlebird with my little old sony cybershot ..

then spent a couple of minutes in sagelight ...

post-1359-0-25128500-1343007436_thumb.jpg

Certainly no prize winner- and it is not intended to be ..but I just can't get over how stress free this program is for me to use , when PS literally brings me out in a sweat, and GIMP totally confuses me :o. Now I can play with no worries . (and I DO) :p

Edited by persephone

I don't have PS but I do have Lightroom. I was wandering around the internet this morning looking for something I could use to start to learn layers, and came across Paint.net. Has anyone had a go with it? I've downloaded (it's free) but have not started to use it yet.