Diarrhea With One Of My Boys

giraffez

Thanks, his energy is back to close to normal so think that is an improvement. His poo is darker than usual though.

I don't think this is related but about a month ago, he got into the kitchen garbage and got to some cooked fish bones. I was worried this may have go stuck in his intestines so I monitored very closely the next couple of days after the incident and no blood in the stool, no runny poo, no change in behaviour, no change in apetite, he was on top of the world.

I don't think this is related as I would have thought the bones would have broken down by now. But could i be wrong?

Hi, I would be taking your little one to the vet. I have just been through this and the end result was heart breaking. If I were you, unless his poo is back to normal, I would be taking to the vet.

I did end up going to the vet this week. Vet put him on scourban and anti biotics. Since starting on scourban, he has poo'ed only once, the dosage may be a bit strong causing constipation but when he poo'ed the stool was still soft. May cut down a bit i think.

Is it okay to give plain yogart (with live cultures)?

I did end up going to the vet this week. Vet put him on scourban and anti biotics. Since starting on scourban, he has poo'ed only once, the dosage may be a bit strong causing constipation but when he poo'ed the stool was still soft. May cut down a bit i think.

Is it okay to give plain yogart (with live cultures)?

Scourban is pretty instant. We give it to the calves when they have the scours & often only have to give it once, but it may be different with your puppy. How often did the vet recommend ?? Some plain yogurt with live cultures would be good for him IMO.