Treats With No Protein?

Hi all a while ago a lady contacted me asking for information to living with a shunt puppy (I didn't breed this pup!)

Here is the latest questain which has me stumped:

"Hii Amy, need some help (info) I feel sorry for Brandy because he can't have any protein, any suggestions for non protein treats for him... he is so good with his strict diet, but I would just live to give him an occasional treat... Any suggestions from dog owners whose dog have liver shunts"

Would any of the food gurus here have any suggestions to pass onto her? Pup is on meds and controlled diet so bad not had operation. She's a lovely lady and I'd love to find some suggestions for her to be able to give her baby a treat or too :)

Would something like popcorn be appropriate to? I mean buying the corn and popping it yourself not the pre bought sort. What about other veggies like bits of carrot. I know my guys love chewing on whole raw carrots.

Guest lavendergirl

I buy jars - or tubes - of baby food i.e. veges or fruit puree etc and freeze in ice cube trays for a little treat. You can do that with cottage cheese as well if it is a suitable non protein.

Edited by lavendergirl