Best Bed For Old Arthritic Staffy?

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

My old boy is needing his creature comforts more, so can anyone recommend the best type of indoor bed? He has arthritis (being treated, but still....).

I would like something washable, and not too expensive...are the Ortho Beds any good?

Any recommendations?

Ollie dog used to sleep with me.. :D

He also had a trampoline bed that had a queen size mink blanket on it. He loved curling up on that...

I think a bed soft enough and not to high or to low, so they can sort of walk on and off, instead of jumping up or down makes life easier...

I know a few people that use electric blankets for the old dogs and keeping them warm makes it easier on the old joints..

Moderate exercise is important to as the old saying of use it or lose it applies to our pups as well as us.

Ollie slowed down and only wanted to walk about half an hour but he still enjoyed it.

Gypsy's preference is high density foam. All my dogs have preferred it actually...I wrap them in old snooza cotton covers.

Over the winter they have dry-bed cut to size over the top of that just for warmth and comfort. And a jacket and a heater in the laundry...hmmmmm spoilt much? :laugh:

Guest Willow

Gypsy's preference is high density foam. All my dogs have preferred it actually...I wrap them in old snooza cotton covers.

Over the winter they have dry-bed cut to size over the top of that just for warmth and comfort. And a jacket and a heater in the laundry...hmmmmm spoilt much? :laugh:

As in, just a chunk you could get cut at Clark Rubber or some such place??? Is the "eggbox" type surface better?

A puppy heating panel placed on bricks to one side under a trampoline bed so it just touches when they lie on it, is great. Put a thin mattress and drybed over the the bed as well. That allows them to have whatever part aches over the heat.

As in, just a chunk you could get cut at Clark Rubber or some such place??? Is the "eggbox" type surface better?

Yeah - we just get it cut to size, not the super expensive type but a decent thickness. I think the egg type is better according to a dog physio I know but I haven't tried it. :)