Good Guard/family Dog Breeds

booge

Hmm a family Anatolian, female

might work.

Female suggested based on potential size, not pot. Temperament.

Activity level would be less than boxer and GSD.

and guaranteed to fulfill role as watch dog,

(an Anatolian guard dog would not be suitable for family situation).

Second this.

My Anatolian is the laziest bugger you'd ever meet, and very friendly with everyone, until he feels like one of us or my other dog is threatened, then it's business.

Trust me when I tell you you would not mess with him, people avoid us when we walk him and we even got stopped by the cops the other night because they were fascinated and wanted to meet him and know what he was :laugh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as your wife is okay with a bit of drool then a bullmastiff will definitely fit the bill for your family. My small red girl has no problems making grown men wet themselves with fright if they try to come into the back yard or too close to the front of the house for that matter.

We had builders next door a few years back who actually put in a 2nd row of fencing while they built the units as she had them all on edge.

With the family and people invited into the yard she is a big ball of love and cuddles and everybody adores her gentle loving nature.

Having 3 Bullmastiffs I can totally recommend them. Good luck with finding the dog that is right for your family.