Reflective Night Wear

Ive discovered that I really like walking in the dark :D my dogs all have Rogz collars with the reflective strip through them, but as 3of the 4 have long hair you can hardly see them, if at all. :( Obviously this isn't much good as I (and others) can't see them.

I know I've seen reflective leg bands and vests somewhere, but can for the life of me remember where :o any sites/ places I can get them, and alternative suggestions are more than welcome.

Me too. I have taken to leaving their Rogz harnesses on for that very reason. I gave had flashing lights on their backs as well that way it doesnt hide in their coat!

Clearun.com have the hurtta reflective vests with free shipping at the moment. They're great quality.

Ooo! These look good, but I really want something that can be used in summer too. I think the BC might overheat wearing one. :(

Yes!

How well do they stay on? And would they be obscured by a long coat?

You can buy reflective ribbon that cyclists use-you could try making a harness out of it. You are only using it for visibility and not strength so it should be pretty easy. You could use 2 "D" rings to fasten it. Portable, cheap and washable.

If you go to Jaycar you can buy a light very like the guardian ones Secretkei put up except that they have a soft silicon mounting. I put fit them on to the collars the same why the guardians are and they are very bright and show up well even with the big ruff my collies have. As they are soft and pliable they they don't damage their coats either. They sell a two pack for about $12.

Bike lights! All the dogs at my park have them, they're amazing. Lots of sizes and shapes to choose from :thumbsup:

Mine has a little red one that someone at the park gave us, which is great. She looks like a little alien running towards me.

Bike lights! All the dogs at my park have them, they're amazing. Lots of sizes and shapes to choose from :thumbsup:

Mine has a little red one that someone at the park gave us, which is great. She looks like a little alien running towards me.

Teehee! My husband drove by when me and the kids had out roglites on, and he said he thought we were the police from a distance, because I have a blue and Zeke's is red :p

My two have each have a Rogz Lite and I walk with an Energizer head lamp (bought from Big W for $35) around my wrist. That way it acts as both a torch for me and a light for motorists to see me.

It runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) but when these die, I'm switching to recharables. :D

Edited by RiverStar-Aura