Barking When We Arrive Home

I just don't get it :dummy: Sowy

What is so wrong with the dog getting excited/expressing joy about the pack leader re-joing the group?

I cherish and welcome this sort of behaviour.

It is, on the face of it, nice :).

But it makes you want to get home before dark, rather than after the neighbourhood has gone to sleep, lol.

I guess I am lucky - great neighbours and no complaints.

The dogs are inside at the front door so it's not a biggie

My Maremmas bark for ages when I get home. Ignoring them doesn't work and either does yelling at them :laugh: The dog in the paddock will go on for a while but the house yard Maremmas settle more quickly. Old Snowy has been barking for about 3 hours today. I have someone here installing a containment system, she wont stop until he leaves but that's just the way she works - she doesn't like visitors! She is in the study with me but knows 'the enemy' is out there somewhere :grimace:

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll try everything and report back!

Kajtek, it's really the neighbors I worry about, it doesn't bother me at all :laugh: I don't know if you've heard an Anatolian but he is soooooo loud :laugh: he also does this high pitched howl that I swear people can hear from miles away!

I'll record him for anyone who wants it :laugh: at least I know my house is safe!

Clyde, it's so frustrating, nothing stops him once he's on a roll, but we find praising him stops him the quickest *rolleyes*

Edited by Aussie3

Clyde, it's so frustrating, nothing stops him once he's on a roll, but we find praising him stops him the quickest *rolleyes*

:laugh: Yes, a Pyr breeder recommended I do this. I've tried it too and it does work but then I wonder how much I'm messing with their mind :laugh: