Comments On Combination Of Dogs.

coogie

I have a pied SBT and my sister has a husky/shep cross and we used to meet her friend's teensy chi down the park. The chi is crazy and is usually hanging off one of our dogs but people were always worried our dogs were trying to hurt it. Now with shar pei foster dogs when we walk around the neighbourhood we get comments on our odd combo of breeds, like we couldn't quite decide what we wanted so we were trying out a bit of everything.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Willow

like we couldn't quite decide what we wanted so we were trying out a bit of everything.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My little tibbie girls are great mates of the greyhounds at the back. One tibbie, Angel, used to wait at the back fence every morning for big Boofy to get out of bed. He'd come to the fence & bend down from his great height to kiss noses with her. When he died suddenly under anaesthetic, Angel was grief-sticken. She wait at the fence every morning, for ages. So distressed that Boofy didn't come.

There's some connection between these tibbies & the greys. The other night on TV, there was a dog shelter in the UK. The noise of barking, yelping, howling was deafening. My tibbie Annie just slept on in front of the TV. But then the story focused on a greyhound, named Betty. Betty gave a couple of yelpy barks....and Annie sprung awake, ears up looking up at the TV with great interest.

How on earth did this little dog, distinguish a greyhound's bark from the noisy chaos?

I watched Betty's story too Mita. It is funny that Annie knew a greyhounds bark.My two do a roo roo noise,maybe that was it.

Whenever visitors come & ask 'Where's Annie?', we always have to say, 'Up the back, talking to the greyhounds!' So she's picked up something 'different' about their bark.

I watched Betty's story too Mita. It is funny that Annie knew a greyhounds bark.My two do a roo roo noise,maybe that was it.

Whenever visitors come & ask 'Where's Annie?', we always have to say, 'Up the back, talking to the greyhounds!' So she's picked up something 'different' about their bark.

I think you might need to get Annie her own greyhound friend ;) :)

Edited by stans mum

post-29702-0-16038300-1339390838_thumb.jpgPeople seem to have their favourite when we are out walking. If they want affection with a dose of drama and slober they are drawn to Elsa. Those who just wish to stroke and compliment with grace and dignity tend to admire Daisy. Guess who is who..... Edited by Brindle

They are so beautiful Brindle - Elsa was delightful yesterday as usual! It's so nice to see her thriving and happy. Saw a lovely pack today, 2 staffordshires,,a long haired dachshund,a labrador and a cattle cross, all seniors; taking a stroll on the beach. Apparently the dachshund is the boss!

post-29702-0-16038300-1339390838_thumb.jpgPeople seem to have their favourite when we are out walking. If they want affection with a dose of drama and slober they are drawn to Elsa. Those who just wish to stroke and compliment with grace and dignity tend to admire Daisy. Guess who is who.....

Gorgeous photo Brindle :love: I'll go out on a limb and say Elsa is the drama and slobber and Daisy comes up with the grace and dignity :o Don't care if I am wrong they are both beautiful.

Guest Clover

Yes used to and still do get the 'thats quite a pack' comments. I used to walk 1 x Rottie x, 2 x BCs and a little scruffer JRT. It is not so odd now that i walk 3 x BCs and the scruff. Borders and Jacks seem to be a pretty common combination for people.

post-29702-0-16038300-1339390838_thumb.jpgPeople seem to have their favourite when we are out walking. If they want affection with a dose of drama and slober they are drawn to Elsa. Those who just wish to stroke and compliment with grace and dignity tend to admire Daisy. Guess who is who.....

Gorgeous photo Brindle :love: I'll go out on a limb and say Elsa is the drama and slobber and Daisy comes up with the grace and dignity :o Don't care if I am wrong they are both beautiful.

Thank you Stans Mum.... I love them :)

They are so beautiful Brindle - Elsa was delightful yesterday as usual! It's so nice to see her thriving and happy. Saw a lovely pack today, 2 staffordshires,,a long haired dachshund,a labrador and a cattle cross, all seniors; taking a stroll on the beach. Apparently the dachshund is the boss!

I would believe that Coogie, a lot of attitude for a little package.

When we had our bearcoat Shar Pei boy and had our foster shar peis (usually horsecoat) - people would point to both and go "Are they the same breed" all the time without fail..such a big difference in coat length made the pair look very strange!

get it all the time here walking a golden retriever a whippet and a chihuahua. Specially are n't you worried the golden would hurt the chihuahua, or doesn't the whippet consider the chihuahua prey. I always get what a range of dogs you have large,medium and small. What really gets me is theoh theres a greyhound lol, Missy has also been called a tentifield terrier. I also get the that dog is too skinny comment with Missy.

We walk collies and greys and get the same comments as others here:

* Are you a dog walker

* my - that is a handful

* what a big family

* they are SO well behaved - can you take my kids for a while?

* do you want to swap (usually a mum with several kids)

* you sure you got enough?? (usually a male)

* where is that rabbit that went past here a minute ago.......

* you had better hold on if they see a cat.....

We also get (which still astounds me)

* Why did you shave those ones? (pointing to the greyhounds and assuming they are shaved Collies)............

* Are they retired (pointing to Collies assuming the coat grows back??)

* OMG they are SO skinny - better watch out for RSPCA...................(ummm yeah .......they are greyhounds.......your dog is just Fat!)

People never cease to amaze me.....

Edited by colliehound