Fur Codes

Squidgy

Anything that goes on a collar has the potential to be lost. Also I like something that is easily read and able to be delt with then and there. Simple tag with a phone no. is as good as anything to my mind although equally easy to loose. Only my GSD wears a collar, none of my Cavaliers do.

Even microchipping falls short of perfect when people don't upgrade changes of address. :(

I think it's a great idea! Might look into getting some. My dog wears a collar all the time, with a little tag with her name and my phone number on it - I wouldn't yet get rid of that, but would maybe have a furcode as well. Just because I want someone to be able to give me a call straight away if they find her. But having a backup like that if for whatever reason I couldn't be reached, would be great. I think things like this FurCode will be the norm in a few years, they probably just look weird at hte moment cause they're all fandangled and new :D

Why not take technology to the next level and have microchips that are scanable by every *smartphone with full details available including any special medical needs.