Anal Gland Problem

iggy mum

i think if your dog has their backside on the ground and they are walking around as if to scratch it them you have a problem. Id say you need to give them some more fibre in their diet

I dont think he does this, although he's not living with me so I'm not 100% certain.

i think if your dog has their backside on the ground and they are walking around as if to scratch it them you have a problem. Id say you need to give them some more fibre in their diet

Fibre? Don't can digest cellulose.

i think if your dog has their backside on the ground and they are walking around as if to scratch it them you have a problem.

:) sometimes the dogs do have a problem ...sometimes it is uncomfortable when AG's are very full, sometimes it is a dirty backside which gets a bit irritating ...and needs a clean ....

From what I understand (happy to be corrected :) ), by adding fibre, eg unprocessed bran or grated carrot, to your dog's food, it helps to add bulk to their poo, which helps to empty the anal glands as it's passed.

From what I understand (happy to be corrected :) ), by adding fibre, eg unprocessed bran or grated carrot, to your dog's food, it helps to add bulk to their poo, which helps to empty the anal glands as it's passed.

Interestingly I've had no problems since switching to "Black hawk". Their mix must address this.

Cavliers are a pain because they actually like to 'scoot' habitually. I've never once seen any of my German Shepherd scoot.