C & C On Brenizer Method Landscape

I had a go on the weekend. Can't get the right look - it is very challenging!!

I'm a bit confused about the focus though. I manually focused on the subject, but then didn't refocus as I moved. I think I probably should have?

I would have thought you shouldn't refocus, because if you did you'd be getting all different depths of field, unless you were able to focus on something at exactly the same distance as your main subject. So I think you did the right thing. I haven't read about how to do it though, I'm just trying to imagine how you would, so perhaps I'm wrong. :confused:

I also suspect it looks best when the subject is at eye level, like the lovely example Snook posted. Rev Jo I think yours looks like you were slightly higher than the dog? I have no idea if I am correct, just guessing here.

Edited by Kirislin

No refocusing and no re metering, all has to be manual. I was lying down below the dog but it was very hilly, I was handholding in low light so had to get low to brace. I think you do have to be pretty rigid in composition to get a decent effect with the DOF. I'm thinking that being parallel to the subject will give the best consistency in terms of predicting what your lens will do with DOF. I would have liked to have gotten to a car show that was on around here as cars present well but went to the Highland cattle show instead and they moved way too much :laugh: