Nikon People

tlc

That one looks good too, I noticed the 70 - 200 is an L lens and the one you linked to isn't. Is there something different about L lenses? I'm such a canon numpty! :laugh: i will however look the part when my new coffee mug comes in the post. :rofl: you enabler you! :laugh:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one looks good too, I noticed the 70 - 200 is an L lens and the one you linked to isn't. Is there something different about L lenses? I'm such a canon numpty! :laugh: i will however look the part when my new coffee mug comes in the post. :rofl: you enabler you! :laugh:

:o :laugh:

I think L stand for Luxury but I'm not sure.

Edited by Kirislin

Oohhh that sounds a bit flashy!

Hey yesterday when I had my hot little hands the 7D all I could think of was what someone wrote on here (I'm pretty sure it might have been you) ahhh what a magnificent beast! :laugh: was it you?

Oohhh that sounds a bit flashy!

Hey yesterday when I had my hot little hands the 7D all I could think of was what someone wrote on here (I'm pretty sure it might have been you) ahhh what a magnificent beast! :laugh: was it you?

Yes it was me. It has alot of settings and options within those settings that can be very daunting. It's a whole lot of camera and can take a bit of getting used to. It takes some comittment to learn, it's not necessarily one you can just turn on and start snapping away, depending on what you want to photograph.

I've downloaded 7d for dummies, 7d from snap shots to great shots and 7d digital field guide, so I have some reading to do. :laugh: I got a couple of sample books from Amazon as well canon 7d experience and best of 7d tips and tutorials. So they should keep me going for a while!

I've downloaded 7d for dummies, 7d from snap shots to great shots and 7d digital field guide, so I have some reading to do. :laugh: I got a couple of sample books from Amazon as well canon 7d experience and best of 7d tips and tutorials. So they should keep me going for a while!

I'll be asking your for advice soon, I've only read the manual that comes with it and a few threads on POTN

Guest Tess32

The Guy at HN rang me today with the price of the non IS version and it was just under $1000 with the IS version being $1199 so if I can I might get the IS version. He also said to me he thinks the 7D will come down a bit more in price in the next couple of months! :thumbsup: good for me.

M&Dm with your 70 - 200 can you fit a filter right on or do you need an adapter? It's a 67mm yea?

Now that's one lens that is alot cheaper if you were to buy grey market and still might be worth considering, DWI has it for $702

or maybe even this one http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=726 which would give you more reach.

I see at the top of their page they are saying they offer a legitimate manufacturers warranty, I've never seen that before and am not 100% what they mean as they're grey market sellers as far as I know.

The lens you've linked to might have more reach but I would think the quality would be similar to a kit lens, based on the variable aperture and price (considering it has a full 100mm extra focal length on the 70-200mm but costs a lot less). I don't think I would personally consider it if the 70-200mm f4 is financially viable.

I used it for years and did most of my zoo shots and dog shots with it and it is much better than a kit lens. I think the price has dropped because there is now an L version in the same focal range, but overall it was a great lens. I have the 70-200 F4 and I do think the quality is better - better contrast and of course it doesn't have a variable aperture, but I wouldn't say I could pick the quality difference each time at all, and the extra 100mm is very very handy.

A few happy snaps from the new camera I picked it up Tuesday night and I think it will do me well till I get the 7D and then will make a nice accompniment (sp) to my 7D

The weather is ordinary here and crappy light but i was happy with how they turned out, strait off the camera, a few inside ones too.

inside no flash

4cb95946.jpg

Inside flash

6359ac9c.jpg

inside flash

cb7ecd97.jpg

inside no flash

ef1c004d.jpg

8f19eedb.jpg

Outside Kitty on the move

6b0af859.jpg

3ff1fd3c.jpg

• 1 month later...

TLC - had to ask - what breed is your cat? We got my cat from the RSCPA and she looks like yours, althuogh they called her a domestic short hair (which she is def not! lol) And I often wonder what breed she might be, I think she is a bit of everything lol.

Great photos too!

I have just purchased the nikon d7000 (upgrading from d3000) although I have to wait till next month as its my 30th bday present! Its torture!! lol

Congrats on the new camera! My cat in the pics here is jus a moggy, no particular breed. She will be 21 this year so she's a ripe old age but still going strong!! Post a pic of your kitty here.

Edited by tlc