Dried Horse Treats

I'm not sure if they stock dried horse treats but South Street Pet supplies in O'Connor are worth a phone call. Their number is 93378599.

I buy roo meat and VAN there, and they stock meat such as horse for elimination diets. :)

No idea if it is still the case, but years ago dog food manufacturers relied on the horse knackery for a fair proportion of their meat supply. Some greyhound trainers and hunt kennels sourced horsemeat straight from the knackery. Hence the expression "dog food" for a poor or failed racehorse.

These days, more people are buying dog food and fewer horses are around so it is unlikely to be as large a part of the supply. But any label claiming "meat and/or meat by-products" could include horseflesh (and hoof and bone).

He has had a lot of the meats my older dog ( who has allergies) has had so horse or emu or rabbit were our choice. I can get horse meat very easily. It's not a problem as we have our own drying box for meat but in the rain it's hard to get the meat to dry. Hubby will try dry some in the oven today for a quick fox and we will use our box when it stops raining.

knackeries can be an unregulated industry ... you don't know if the horse meat is swimming in drugs like bute or whatever else they pumped into the poor animal before it was taken there. For that fact alone be very careful where you source your horse meat from

Mason Gibbs, I went to South St pet supplies today to stock up and yes, they do have dried horse treats available. It looks like jerky sticks, you could cut it into small pieces for training etc. It's sold as loose sticks, about $1.30 a piece. They had dried 'pipes' too, which were very tough and more like a chew treat, about 30cm long.

They also had dried goat.