Anew Insight

Guest muttrus

Guest muttrus

Ive always known where my foster dogs come from now Im here seeing first hand what a camp dog living in the NT is really like .

post-33936-0-37424800-1338439522_thumb.jpg INSIDE THE RESCUE

post-33936-0-37499300-1338439553_thumb.jpg OUTSIDE THE STREET

For loads more photos and details about the wonderful work being done to not only save the dogs but a COMMUNITY as a whole vist www.desertdogs.org.au

Guest muttrus

:) there is also lots of information on this site

AMRRIC

yes they have been here done some desexing etc my daughter was lucky enough to be here at the same time and witnessed them desexing dogs on the back of a ute ! Ive been here for almost 5 days seen alot met some wonderful people awesome dogs and now have a better understanding of what my role means and has brought to the bigger picture

Guest muttrus

there certainly doesn't seem to be a shortage of food at the shelter, the dogs are very fat!

One woman living and working in the romote community upto 20 adult dogs and whatever amount of puppies are brought to her also kangaroos eagles etc THE dogs who make it to her gate are very well fed and cared for .Every dog brought to her is vaccinated etc straight away.The dogs in the street however is a different sight.She does go around after work dropping off food along the side of the road thats when you see the true extent of the amount of dogs and the different conditions.HOWEVER i have spent the last 5 days with her pack they are so well mannered and there is a social order amongest them.

They are fed twice a day and walked for hours each night along a desert road .Its truely inspiring and I have learnt alot not just from her but from the dogs as well.