C&c - Thoughts?

Hey there Photopro's

I took a zillion photos this weekend of the whippet races.... but there are a few that I was kinda happy with... but am wondering if I've done the right thing in Lightroom when processing them. I only did minimal but am curious to hear your thoughts, whether I should leave it, up the ante?

These are two photos of the same dog, very sweet who has a deformity and therefore cannot run like a whippet can! I was trying to capture some 'in the moment' shots for her owners.

I am aware that I chopped her ear off in the head shot (grrrr) and the background of her body shot isn't the most appealing....

okay, here goes

Bindy - head study

7300853600_e78ba24258_z.jpg

Bindy from the back

7300850696_a6b71eb4a1_z.jpg

I'm open to thoughts from everyone!!

Thanks in advance!

Meagan :)

The both look fine on my monitor. The first one is a bit awkward, so I would probably turf that one.

I actually really like the dog in the background of the second - has that one been cropped? I would probably give it a go in b&w and try to bring out the dog in the background a bit more.

The exposure etc looks fine here, too.

I'd try black & white just to see if you get more "feeling" into the images with a different process.

#2 - I either want to know what Bindy is looking at so need more of the dog in the background or I want to want to know what she's looking at so need less of the dog in the background.

I think you have some overall better images on your flickr (the flying shot of #8 is great!), but maybe not of this dog? It sounds like you know what isn't working in the images, so that's great for next time!

Thanks for all your thoughts! Much appreciated! Yes in the second shot she was on her way back towards her owners and their other dog. I will re-look at the original, though from memory it was tightly shot.

Kja, just trying to figure out which photo you are referring to...

for some reason facebook won't let me put a link in :( I think it's kinda in the middle of the set? She's wearing pink and is fully extended off the ground, coming at you.

Ahhh that is Mysty! Yes different dog! Hehe! Glad you like that photo Kristin! Flickr... Facebook same diff :D

It's funny what photos people like out of the sets! Sometimes it's the ones I barely gave a second glance too, like this one of Mysty that you mentioned!

7313196498_17e4f50373_z.jpg

I added it so people can see which one you referred to.

MnDM