How Long Does It Take To Digest Food?

My 11yo dog vomited this afternoon and it contained bits from her meal two nights ago. Last night she had kibble only, the morning before that she had some chewy treats and the night before that she had kibble plus dog roll - which is what was in the vomit. Clearly identifiable with bits of veggies, etc. Should I be concerned? She is fine in herself and ate her dinner tonight. I just find it odd that the dog roll is still in her stomach after about 40hrs and several further meals.

Called my vet and she didn't seem concerned. She thinks its unlikely to be a blockage because there has been no other signs - no other vomits, no pain, etc. So she said to just watch her for any signs of discomfort but she didn't seem worried. My old girl is currently snoozing at the end of my bed so she seems fine. :)

Just found a big lump on her rib cage so she is going to the vet tomorrow now regardless. :( Its in an awkward spot and I thought it was a muscle at first (its flat against her body) but its only on one side. She has had lots of fatty lumps over the years so fingers crossed. :( Will get them to check her tummy while she's there.