Snuggle Puppies?

Hi,

So the pregnancy has been confirmed and in a couple of months I'll be welcoming my little puppy home (yay!) I'm probably a bit ahead of myself, LOL, but I was wondering if anyone had heard of Snuggle Puppies? (http://www.vetproductsdirect.com.au/itemdesc.asp?ic=snuggle2) Has anyone used them? If so, were they any good; did they puppy like them?

Pup will be 8wks old when it comes home and it will be mid-end of winter. I won't need the bottle part on it, so I was also wondering if there are any other similar products around that people had used? And is there any other places you can purchase these online, for a little bit cheaper maybe or is this a good price?

Sorry for all the questions! :o

Look forward to people's feedback. :)

My advice is to make sure you don't get too excited just yet. Things can go wrong during this time and as I've had it happen to me, I was bitterly saddened to find I wasn't getting a pup.

When I did finally get my pup, I ordered a snuggle puppy for her from www.ozpetshop.com.au I wanted it immediately so I phoned them and they expressed posted it to me. Fantastic service!!

The snuggle puppy is a great thing though!! It comes with self heating sachets and a life-like beating heart. I really recommend it for keeping puppy warm during winter. I brought my girl home at the end of June with winter in full swing.

What breed are you looking at getting?

K9Pro have the snuggle puppy for $49 (plus shipping)

http://www.k9pro.com.au/products/Snuggle-Puppy.html

If you don't need the heating part, ozpetshop have a heartbeat pillow (might not be cheapest, haven't looked)

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.php/cPath/21_34/products_id/3044

My mum got the heartbeat pillow for her 10yo Maltese cross, who isn't interested in it at all. I can't comment on how realistic the heart beat is though as I haven't heard it in person.

But mum will be giving it to me when I get a puppy. :)

Edited by Kahlua

K9Pro have the snuggle puppy for $49 (plus shipping)

http://www.k9pro.com...ggle-Puppy.html

If you don't need the heating part, ozpetshop have a heartbeat pillow (might not be cheapest, haven't looked)

http://www.ozpetshop...roducts_id/3044

My mum got the heartbeat pillow for her 10yo Maltese cross, who isn't interested in it at all.

But mum will be giving it to me when I get a puppy. :)

I bought the one in the second link, they're about $15 from Big W.

I can't say my Mali pup was all that interested in it ...until she worked out that chomping on it made it turn on and you could pull the box out and mangle itlaugh.gif

The snugglesafe heat pads that Vetnpet have on special at the moment along with a soft toy would be better value IMO. The Snuggle pups are cute though.

Thanks everyone1 It's good to know other peoples experiences with them :)

[RiverStar-Aura]My advice is to make sure you don't get too excited just yet. Things can go wrong during this time and as I've had it happen to me, I was bitterly saddened to find I wasn't getting a pup.

lol, don't worry not too excited. I'm not going to buy anything until the puppies are born, but I like to have my research done already. I'm the biggest worrier in our house - always coming up with potential problems - sometimes not quite realistic ones lol.

I bought a heartbeat pillow for my new pup (I got her in summer, so didn't need one with heat), she loved it. Well ... loved attacking it.

She never got any comfort from it, she took all her agression out on it :rofl: At first she was scared of it, but once she got over that, she would pounce on it to make it start beating, and then growl at it and shake it to try and kill it.

Now, at 7 months old, she will still sometimes dig it out from the bottom of her toy box to kill sometimes :D

I just had a look at ozpetshop.com and it appears they no longer stock snuggle puppies. :(

SJP118 -- if you're interested, I'd be happy to give you Kirah's old snuggle puppy. It's in fantastic condition and the heart still beats fine too.

I won't be needing it for a good long time -- two dogs is plenty for me!! -- so I'm happy to wash it and pass it on. All you'd need to buy then are the heat pads to go inside it. I used the self heating ones and they worked great!!

I just had a look at ozpetshop.com and it appears they no longer stock snuggle puppies. :(

SJP118 -- if you're interested, I'd be happy to give you Kirah's old snuggle puppy. It's in fantastic condition and the heart still beats fine too.

I won't be needing it for a good long time -- two dogs is plenty for me!! -- so I'm happy to wash it and pass it on. All you'd need to buy then are the heat pads to go inside it. I used the self heating ones and they worked great!!

Thank-you very much for the offer RiverStar-Aura! That's really kind of you.

I'd just be worried if my puppy chews it or something, I don't know how tough they are....if you'd be wanting it back?

Do they wash well? I just know that pups can have accidents in their beds for the first few nights or so...

Thanks so much again! :D It's really nice of you :thanks:

Edited by sjp118

Nah I wouldn't really want it back -- I really don't see myself with another puppy as I'm quite content with 2 dogs!!

I plan on washing it in a laundry bag so it should come up nicely. It's probably as tough as any stuffed toy but as I found, by wearing Kirah out before bed, she'd sleep soundly so didn't destroy it; she was far too busy sleeping!!

If she does destroy the Snuggle Puppy that's ok because I know it's gone to a pup in need!! Just try and rescue the heart because then it can be placed inside any soft toy with an opening as it's battery operated and not connected to the toy dog and is completely removable.

The snugglesafe heat pads that Vetnpet have on special at the moment along with a soft toy would be better value IMO. The Snuggle pups are cute though.

I have to say thank you so much for this, I want some for my soon to be open kennels and was not relishing spending $60 + each. Woohoo - theya re a abargain - thank you soooo much :D :D :D

I have to say thank you so much for this, I want some for my soon to be open kennels and was not relishing spending $60 + each. Woohoo - theya re a abargain - thank you soooo much :D :D :D

Yeah the price is awesome at the moment!

Wow, what a great thread, I'm a newbie here & I've never heard of Snuggle pups, wish I had, we're picking up our new puppy on Saturday & it may have saved a few sleepless nights!

post-45556-0-93499500-1338374617_thumb.jpg

awww, so cute! Should join the waiting for a puppy thread in Puppy Problems.

Wow, what a great thread, I'm a newbie here & I've never heard of Snuggle pups, wish I had, we're picking up our new puppy on Saturday & it may have saved a few sleepless nights!

post-45556-0-93499500-1338374617_thumb.jpg

just use a ticking clock outside the crate/bed. IMO nothing saves a few sleepless nights, it's part and parcel of being a puppy owner :laugh: