Our Dog Eats Watermelon

Michelleva

Last night we discovered that Georgia LOVES watermelon.. my daughter was grabbing a slice out of the fridge and the naughty dog bit the top off, right out her hand.. LOL So after that it was all hers. She acted like it was the best thing ever. I thought it was a strange thing for a dog to like, but I've since discovered other people have dogs who also eat it.. maybe she's not as weird as we thought. :laugh:

post-22362-0-28073300-1337990211_thumb.jpg

:) Cute photo .

Our dogs love watermelon! and pears, apples,bananas,feijoas,oranges,strawberries, tomatoes.......

Mine too - I could use it as training treats if it wasn't so messy, and all the other fruit too. My Newf will appear in the room if I peel a banana and gets the ripe strawberries in the garden before me most times.

In Traditional Chinese Medecine watermelon is a cooling food (pretty obvious really :laugh:), but my point is, maybe she is a 'hot' dog? Dogs do seem to know which foods they should seek out, afterall.

We feed raw here & have done for 24 years.... like persephone's dogs ours eat all sorts of fruit & vegetables & will even steal the strawberries from the runners!

Same Ziggy will eat anything..

He steals all the tomatoes off the vines and all the strawberries off the plants In the pot. He even eats the spinach, parsley and sage herbs that I have growing in pots...

He loves all fruit and veg that we have offered him...

Yep I gave up on growing cherry tomatoes and strawberries because they would get stolen by the dogs :laugh: They even pulled the limes off the lime tree (think the ball crazy one thought they were balls lol)

Mine eat watermelon (will even eat the skin if I let them) but their absolute favourite fruit is apple.

Yep, mine eat the fruit if they get it but mostly I cut the skin off leaving a generous amount of flesh for them, they eat it all, skin too.

Wow, so many dogs are good with their fruit and vege.. Georgia also likes cucumber, but is not keen on tomato. Raw carrot is her absolute favourite. I was just surprised that she liked something sweet, but its obviously not that unusual.

In Traditional Chinese Medecine watermelon is a cooling food (pretty obvious really :laugh:), but my point is, maybe she is a 'hot' dog? Dogs do seem to know which foods they should seek out, afterall.

We feed raw here & have done for 24 years.... like persephone's dogs ours eat all sorts of fruit & vegetables & will even steal the strawberries from the runners!

Same here, Kenny's favs were bananas & canteloupe, I think it's the sweet smell that attracts them.

My 2 eat everything just about. Every fruit except passionfruit. All veg except brussels & cabbage which is probably a good thing. Toxic gas I would imagine & my girl doesn't need any help in that area LOL

Ours eat basically all fruit and veg. Doof ate half a lemon one cos Bear sniffed it-the look on his face was priceless! We don't call him doofus for nothing :laugh:

I find the funniest one is cherry tomatoes. Invariably they forget what they are and if we give it to them whole they walk around with it in their mouth for about half an hour going 'well it came from the kitchen so it must be people food and I can't put it down because *insert other dogs name* will steal it but wtf do I do with it'. Then one of them accidentally chomps it and suddenly everyone remembers the food is on the inside. It'd probably take them about 2 weeks to work out eggs still in their shells :laugh:

like persephone's dogs ours eat all sorts of fruit & vegetables & will even steal the strawberries from the runners!

Strawberries are meant to be good teeth whiteners :).