Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

Has anyone started on their routines for next year yet? I have ideas but that is all at the moment

I have a new routine for Styler Novice Freestyle routine on paper, just need to put more work into Styler so he is more accurate with his cues.

Cant wait to hear more about your new Novice Freestyle routine for Styler :). When does Qld have their first DWD comp?

2nd February up in Toowoomba.

Its a lovely venue, a private school (we use their covered sports area), lots of shady trees, surface is brilliant to for the dogs to work on, facitlities are handy.

It is a 2 hours drive for me but it is a lovely trip up the range and a great way to start the DWD season off.

:D

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought slow was OK with an older dog. :confused: Unless you just can't get enough moves in, I suppose.

The song that I was thinking about is One Toy Soldier by Enya and as a HTM routine I could get all four heel positions that are required in.. but the the change of pace would be tricky, hence why it could be too slow. Only need one more pass for HTM Inter :)

Has anyone started on their routines for next year yet? I have ideas but that is all at the moment

I have a new routine for Styler Novice Freestyle routine on paper, just need to put more work into Styler so he is more accurate with his cues.

Cant wait to hear more about your new Novice Freestyle routine for Styler :). When does Qld have their first DWD comp?

Lucky Duckies up there. Not sure when the first one is being held for Vic

2nd February up in Toowoomba.

Its a lovely venue, a private school (we use their covered sports area), lots of shady trees, surface is brilliant to for the dogs to work on, facitlities are handy.

It is a 2 hours drive for me but it is a lovely trip up the range and a great way to start the DWD season off.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi BC4ME,

2nd of Febuary is just around the corner now,how is your routine coming along? When the comp is on can you please let us know all the ins and outs of your comp and more importantly your brags :)

And how is everyone else's routines coming along?

Hi BC4ME,

2nd of Febuary is just around the corner now,how is your routine coming along? When the comp is on can you please let us know all the ins and outs of your comp and more importantly your brags :)

And how is everyone else's routines coming along?

Hi and Happy New Year

I have costumes made and spent the week-end making my props. Tonight I finally put my ideas down on paper, so now to see if what I wanted to do will actually work :laugh: fingers crossed they do :crossfingers:

Everyone up here is excited to start another year of competition. We come from all over Bribane, Sunshine and Gold Coast so it will be nice catchup for us all. It is about 1-2 hour drive for most of us.

Toowoomba is held at a beautiful private school and out performance area is the undercover sport arena, the surface is rubberised concrete and it is just perfect for DWD. The facilties are lovely and handy to everything, there are some lovely shady trees to set up under. Toowoomba Dog Obedience Club run the comp and it is always a good fun one.

If only more schools would let us use the facilities it would be awesome, but QLD Govt say NO to dogs on their grounds. :( I Don't understand why, our dogs are better behaved than some of their students. :rofl:

:rofl: BC4ME You're not wrong there :-).

Exciting that the first comp is so close. Hmm - well my list is still about the same length - although Mr Rory has picked up UD scent discrimination pretty fast - not perfected yet, but he's definitely got the idea, so that's one thing achieved - puts the DWD work closer :laugh: .

Wow, would love to see you in your costumes BC4ME :) and yes it very exciting that your comp is so close.

glad that the grounds are lovely where you hold the comps. Makes all the difference of stumbling to gliding around the dance floor.

Now hopefully I haven't killed the thread roflol

As we are scattered all over the Brisbane, Sunshine & Gold coasts and Toowoomba regions our competitions are held in different places.

This makes it fair for those that travel distances to get to comps. Most of our comps are held out in the open at obedience clubs and we have been very lucky with the weather.

Although very cold at times the rain gods have been with us. It has rained prior to and at the end of our comps but we haven't had to postpone a competition so far, I believe the rain gods love DWD. :rofl:

You watch I just jinxed us by saying that as cyclonic weather moves down the coast :laugh:

As we are scattered all over the Brisbane, Sunshine & Gold coasts and Toowoomba regions our competitions are held in different places.

This makes it fair for those that travel distances to get to comps. Most of our comps are held out in the open at obedience clubs and we have been very lucky with the weather.

Although very cold at times the rain gods have been with us. It has rained prior to and at the end of our comps but we haven't had to postpone a competition so far, I believe the rain gods love DWD. :rofl:

You watch I just jinxed us by saying that as cyclonic weather moves down the coast :laugh:

Now BC4ME, send the rain down to Country Vic, but leave the cyclonic part out of it OK and I will promise not to do a rain dance when you have your comps ROFLOL

It is good that you have various places for your comps and heaps more of them too :)

Can I ask do you have the link to the Qld DWD website?

And thanks goodness I haven't kill the thread yet, I repeat YET lol

Edited by kallistar

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the results of the comp that was held at Toowoomba on the week-end.

I must say how proud I was of my boy Chook who was an absolute "airhead" in his freestyle routine but then came out and won the HTM Intermediate section. Totally different dog, some were talking drug testing because the change in him was amazing :rofl: :rofl:

My boys and I came away with 3 quallies from 4 routines gotta be happy with that.

Styler has a new Freestyle Novice routine and Chook has a new HTM Intermediate routine so it was nice to quallie with these new routines considering this was the first real run throughs because of the weather we've had up here.

TOOWOOMBA DOG OBEDIENCE CLUB INC. - SATURDAY 02-02-03

JUDGES : ANN SHANNON – TREVOR TELFORD – DEBBY LAMPRECHT

FREESTYLE STARTERS

1st - Monsimbee Quintessential Honor – R Thomas – German Shepherd

"Voodoo Child" - 169.5q

2nd - Callicoma Black Tango HTM.S RN – G Westmore – Aust Kelpie

"English Country Garden" - 167.5q

3rd - Goldtag Miss Cinderella – I Michel – English Cocker Spaniel

"I Just Haven't Met You Yet" - 137q

4th - Yogi – J Meredith – Briard cross

"Sadie - The Cleaning Lady" - 136q - TITLE

FREESTYLE NOVICE

1st - Lucy CCD CDX HTM.N DWDF.S – T Mutchison – Yorkshire Terrier

"Teddy Bears Picnic" - 161q - TITLE

2nd - Elkana Steppin Outin Style DWDF.S HTM.S – M Rablin – Border Collie

"Music Box Dancer" – 136q

FREESTYLE INTERMEDIATE

1st - Harrison DWDF.N HTM.S – C Fuller – Standard Poodle –

"Put on a Happy Face" – 138q

Others in the class :

Elkana Major Look CCD DWDF.N HTM.N – M Rablin – Border Collie –

"The Entertainer"

FREESTYLE ADVANCED

1st - DWDF.CH HTM.CH Borderstrong Casey CDX RN – S Clark – Border Collie -

"Star Trek Compilation" – 163.5q

H.T.M. NOVICE

1st - Titoki Elite HTM.S – J Meredith – German Shepherd Dog

"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" – 142q

2nd - Elkana Steppin Outin Style DWDF.S HTM.S – M Rablin – Border Collie

"Game of Thrones" – 135.5q

Others in the class :

Shogold Spirit Moondust CD HTM.S – W Russell – Golden Retriever

"Fist Full of Dollars"

H.T.M. INTERMEDIATE

1st - Elkana Major Look CCD DWDF.N HTM.N – M Rablin – Border Collie

"War of the Worlds" - 150q

2nd - Lucy CCD CDX HTM.N DWDF.S – T Mutchison – Yorkshire Terrier

"Devil in Disguise" - 143q

Others in the class :

Harrison DWDF.N HTM.N – C Fuller – Standard Poodle

"Mission Impossible"

> H.T.M. ADVANCED

> 1st - DWDF.CH Rowesdale Cian HTM.A RN – S Clark – Border Collie

> "Fever" – 168q

> 2nd - Oatland Tarantalla DWDF.A HTM.A CDX RA – G Westmore - Aust Kelpie -

"Harem" – 163q

Wow, well done everyone:) So please to read all these lovely results. Keep up the good work everyone

Not sure when Vic's next dwd comp will be at this point of time. It gives me a little bit more time to work out my routine with the young girl who loves to do leg weaves.

:thumbsup: Congrats to you and Chook BC4ME (who is gorgeous even when he's being an airhead :laugh: - boy brains, don't we know it ;-)) - super well done on the HTM Intermediate win - that's serious business. And congrats to the other competitors. You guys are all lovely to watch.

No action on the choreography front here - though we have worked a little bit on a couple of moves. Have pretty much succeeded in getting Rory to get the basics of Scent Discrimination - and polishing Open obedience a bit - and do some agility handling. Thinking I might enter him in a Jumping trial before too long - or maybe not.

Pine Rivers Dog Obedience Club recently did a DWD photo shoot for the local paper.

This is a photo of the paper not a scan so the quality is poor, sorry I don't have a hard copy yet to scan it.

post-2971-0-68984800-1360411731_thumb.jpg

Left is Gay and Tallie, Middle top is Gay's Gemma, Middle bottom is Me and Styler, Right top is Debby Lamprecht and Jazz and Right bottom is me and Chook.

Hopefully below is the link to the story, not all pictures have been shown here

DWD Newspaper Article

Edited by BC4ME

Pine Rivers Dog Obedience Club recently did a DWD photo shoot for the local paper.

This is a photo of the paper not a scan so the quality is poor, sorry I don't have a hard copy yet to scan it.

post-2971-0-68984800-1360411731_thumb.jpg

Left is Gay and Tallie, Middle top is Gay's Gemma, Middle bottom is Me and Styler, Right top is Debby Lamprecht and Jazz and Right bottom is me and Chook.

Hopefully below is the link to the story, not all pictures have been shown here

DWD Newspaper Article

Hi BC4ME, just read the lovely article that you gave the link to. Well done and congrats too.. Not sure when Vic will have their first DWD comp yet. Next weekend the Rule Remission is on and I am looking forward to going :)

Edited by kallistar

Nice newspaper spread BC4me thumbsup1.gif

I snuck in and got our first leg of novice HWM and have entered again next weekend at the Western Classic. The third leg will see us bow out very gracefully! I am just thankful my boy can heel no matter what I throw at him or ungraceful position I find myself in. rofl1.gif