Sa Dog Owners Of Medium To Large Breeds.

Anyone out there in SA with a medium to large breed that loves to run, is encouraged to come down to the sledding intro day, this Sunday in Kuitpo forest.

It doesn't have to be a husky, we have many other breeds that compete in this state including, labradors, samoyeds, german shorthaired pointers, ridgebacks,malamutes, belgian shepherds and german shepherds and I'm sure I'm missing some.

All you'll need to bring is your dog on lead, water, a helmet and poo bags.

There will be a brief talk on how sledding works, and plenty of people around to borrow harnesses and scooters from to have a go.

Plus you'll all get to meet Esky the husky :laugh:

Reverend Jo, people would love photos I'm sure.

It's like getting off a roller coaster the photos are always awesome and hilarious.

And novices will appreciate their first time being captured.

Chequeredblackdog, a kelpie who loves to run would do great.

I know overseas kelpies aren't very well known, but there are folks who run an all ACD team, and others that favour border collies. Apparently the only problem borders have is they get so invested they literally run until they drop.

537577_10150682040617325_124708092324_7902049_1320495892_n.jpg

Just some sage words, GPS and google maps don't take into account locked forest gates. You can only get to the race site via razorback rd :o

Best way to get there from the city is to go straight up the south eastern freeway.

Take the Hahndorf/Birdwood/Woodside Exit

At the round about go straight (Mount Barker Rd)

This will bring you through Hahndorf.

Keep going through Hahndorf, in the heart of town you turn right onto pine rd. You will see signs pointing you to Echunga

Follow this road to it's end. At the T intersection turn left then take the first right.

This is Batunga rd

Follow this about 6 km and you'll turn right onto razorback rd.

The race site is a few km down there on the left. I'm pretty sure the club will have our signs out too :D

Edited by Esky the husky

Yeah, they just mean, something to restrain your dog with until they are ready to run.

Collars are obviously easier, when trying on harnesses though. :)

Oh and I suggest a crate or a tether and stake as well ( essential if you want to camp)

Because at some point you'll want both hands free :p

Edited by Esky the husky

Across the road from us in the Wellsford Forest (near Bendigo) they have sled dog races.

I have been meaning to take the kids over but so far we have always been busy when they are on. I think they would love to see the dogs racing. :)

Ooooh I want to go .... Talking to OH now .... Geez we are negotiating winery stops !!

We will see

On the way home I hope :laugh:

If not next weekend is our first SASDC race, it'll be on in Kuitpo both days of the weekend.

Hope you make it up tomorrow though, don't be afraid to come say 'Hi' :thumbsup:

I'll be the nutjob lying on the ground with a camera so if you do stop by you'll know at least one name :D

Hope you've got some serious wet weather gear!

Edited by Esky the husky

Still talking about it ! I'm just thinking is Kutipo really ready for a crazy lady her 3 little people and a " special " Labrador ?? One bonus would be running the " special" outa the Lab .. She will love it I think .