Americian Bull Dog

Guest peteena

Guest peteena

HI, just wondering if anyone knows much about the Americain Bulldog, we have jut brought a pup and would like to find out if there is a club on the goldcoast or close by and if there is any dogs shows that Americian bulldogs are shown at. Thanks for you help.

Hey

There was a thread about American Bulldogs recently, see here: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/237145-american-johnson-bulldog/page__p__5822581__hl__%2Bamerican+%2Bbulldog__fromsearch__1#entry5822581

I believe they're not recognised by the Australian National Kennel Club (ANKC) so they can't be shown at any shows run by any canine councils in Australia. Basically, there are a couple of hundred breeds that are recognised by the ANKC, and those that aren't (and cross breeds) aren't able to be shown or registered by these councils.

It appears that there is a registry in Australia which may run shows(?) - The American Bulldog Registry Downunder, and an American Bulldog National Breed Council. Perhaps have a google around and you'll be able to find some breeders who are in some way affiliated with this.

Guest peteena

Hey

There was a thread about American Bulldogs recently, see here: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/237145-american-johnson-bulldog/page__p__5822581__hl__%2Bamerican+%2Bbulldog__fromsearch__1#entry5822581

I believe they're not recognised by the Australian National Kennel Club (ANKC) so they can't be shown at any shows run by any canine councils in Australia. Basically, there are a couple of hundred breeds that are recognised by the ANKC, and those that aren't (and cross breeds) aren't able to be shown or registered by these councils.

It appears that there is a registry in Australia which may run shows(?) - The American Bulldog Registry Downunder, and an American Bulldog National Breed Council. Perhaps have a google around and you'll be able to find some breeders who are in some way affiliated with this.

thanks for you help I will google it and see what I can find out. I dont even know what they are crossbred with.Put he is a lovely pup ans suits our household very well and every one loves him so I guess thats what really counts.