C&c Please - Football Pics

gapvic

1st image:

Great moment captured - you've got action and great facial expressions. Good choice on the depth of field to get both action areas. And the guy with ball has a great position/angle in the frame! I like the bw conversion OK. I'd crop it slightly to lose the partial player on the right or use the nifty content aware fill tool in CS5/6 to get rid of him.

2nd image:

I don't feel any action or interest in this image. All I see is a guy with his legs cut off and arms to the side. It's missing a bit of context or intent.

This second image DID make me think hard though so for me learning it's awesome (coz I'm that self-absorbed everything is about me LOL) I do love the background of all the people blurred out along the fence and I'd totally try to get a clean shot of a player or some action with that behind them at the next match - that could be a killer image (without the little dude in the tacky chair along the fence :) )

Football is all about energy, passion, barracking for your colours - I'd be playing with colour versions to see what I could get to pop.

Edited by kja

Great first shot! Love the energy captured. I also like the b&w conversion, but agree with cropping the guy on the right. Really like this one :D

The second one needs a bit more 'life', but good separation of the main focus from the crowd :)

Thanks everyone, the feedback is great :thumbsup:

Here are a couple more:

7226246420_7da295db00_z.jpg

This one not cropped - I was too close and cut off half his arms (I also discovered when taking these pics that I tend to cut off people's feet :o )

7226242492_0f3cb12535_z.jpg

This one also not cropped but not sure about the editing?

7226248078_2db7b51f8f_z.jpg

+1 on the vignette being too much.

Heading out diving so will come back and look more closely at the new ones but one that I did notice is that you have some great facial expressions on the players which is :thumbsup: