I Am New And This Is My Dog!

Cleo's Mum

She's adorable, especially in the last photo. Sleeping shots are one of my favourite ways of taking pics, hint. My son wants a b/t kelpie one day.

Lol good luck to him! She drives me insane but i love her.

Was this thread started for promoting the fact this dog is for sale currently??? What gives? Why are you selling her ??

here

My thinking this is not inline with the rules of the forum, could be wrong.

Edited by redangel

I was wondering what happened in such a short time to go from happy love my dog to I have to sell her . There is nothing here to show the dog is misbehaving due to lack of attention , no1 made comments that would make her 2nd think owning the dog , the only thing I saw in the other was moving in with her dad and fear of too rough with pug . Hope she sorts thins out or finds a home, but dividing a yard while the 2 dogs are alone would solve all the probs and then no need for rehoming, there are so many options other than rehoming :(

Id separate the dogs for those times initially when they are left alone. I have owned big dog/small dog combinations it can be worked.This kelpie is only 7 months old and is a real boisterous teenager. Kelpies thrive on working & exercise, it is important to get a balance of both. Good companion dogs need to be taught to be so. Lack of attention may not be the issue, lack of formal training is. Cute pups turn into cute boisterous adolescents which then might turn into hard to control adults. Playing/roughhousing with other like sized dogs is ok, but manners/boundaries still need to be taught. Good dogs dont grow up they are raised. I would recommend formal training. Hard yards put in early will continue to reap benefits for the rest of the dogs life.

If the OP situation has changed to the degree that the dog is becoming a burden for which extra time cannot be afforded to look towards some formal training, perhaps she is right in deciding it needs rehoming rather than wait until the dog is older.

Edited by redangel