New Mexican Lion Dog

:D

This is the true story of a garage owner in the east of Northampton who gave his dog a haircut.

He was sick and tired of thieves breaking into his garage shop to steal tools, etc.

So he came up with this idea to give his dog a haircut.

He put the word out that he had a new Mexican Lion that would attack anyone that tried to break in or climb his fence.

Would-be thieves saw the "Lion" from a distance and fled the scene. :rofl:

post-28367-0-85211400-1337296804_thumb.jpg

I was just at the groomers and they had a gorgeous samoyed boy in who had the most unusual coat colour. Turns out he'd been dyed and he was getting dried off before being shorn to resemble a lion for a parade next weekend. They showed me photos of him in his lion coat from the year before and he looked amazing! I don't have a pic unfortunately.

I was just at the groomers and they had a gorgeous samoyed boy in who had the most unusual coat colour. Turns out he'd been dyed and he was getting dried off before being shorn to resemble a lion for a parade next weekend. They showed me photos of him in his lion coat from the year before and he looked amazing! I don't have a pic unfortunately.

I know I'm being a downer but it annoys the hell out of me.

Poor dog.....his coats going to be a hot mess now and it's going to be harder for him to regulate his body temp now because his owners think it cute :cry:

Edited by Bjelkier

As a poodle person I see the funny side to this one! Ive seen in overseas forums that the "fox" cut is very popular amongst Pom owners. Not sure if id be sporting in the English countryside though.

Do lions wag their tail? Might be a giveaway if they stay long enough to let him get close

Bjelkier I hadn't thought of the coat issues - it has been decades since I had a dog that had a coat that used to be clipped so simply didn't even think about it from that side of things.

The dog they were using was a 10 year old boy and he was extremely friendly/sociable. He was standing on the table having his hair blown dry and used the time to say hello to everyone around him, so at least it wasn't being done under any duress from him. From the look of his coat I doubt he'd been clipped since the previous year as he still had a longer 'lion' mane than body coat. Hopefully he is a well loved boy and they keep him suitably warm during the winter months after this is done.

The parade is next weekend so I'll try and get a pic.

Bjelkier I hadn't thought of the coat issues - it has been decades since I had a dog that had a coat that used to be clipped so simply didn't even think about it from that side of things.

The dog they were using was a 10 year old boy and he was extremely friendly/sociable. He was standing on the table having his hair blown dry and used the time to say hello to everyone around him, so at least it wasn't being done under any duress from him. From the look of his coat I doubt he'd been clipped since the previous year as he still had a longer 'lion' mane than body coat. Hopefully he is a well loved boy and they keep him suitably warm during the winter months after this is done.

The parade is next weekend so I'll try and get a pic.

I should have explained it better when I said it before but Samoyeds should never be clipped (except in health related cases naturally), their coat isn't like that of a poodle or such breed and it's dosn't grow back well.

For breeds that have coat that grows back well I have no issues with fancy clipping and colouring, I think it's cute.

I'm glad he was happy, most Samoyeds are, they love attention.

Edited by Bjelkier