Entering Your Dog Under It's Breeder

KK Team

I agree - it's unfair to enter under a judge when there is an association through breeding.

Firstly, you are potentially putting the style of a breed that the judge prefers under which isn't fair on them, you or other exhibitors. (Although not every specimen that a breeder breeds is to their liking - lol).

Secondly, the judge is in an untenable position - if they put it up, the association is considered the reason why by the gossip mill and if they don't, then again the gossip mill will rejoice in the judges admission that their breeding is no good.

Personally, whatever rules are in place, I think it's just unfair on a number of people involved.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year I entered a 7 mth old pup in a show where the owner of her grand sire was judging GS and given the number of entries in her breed I knew she wouldnt make group specials much less GS.... but the club returned my entries - refused them on the grounds that she just might make GS...

and what regulation gave them the right to refuse your entry ????

Hmm, if Joan of Arc is in QLD I have no idea, but in NSW it's in the DogsNSW Regulations Part 2 Reg 13.4 (vii)

They had no right to do this.

I believe the QLD ruling is the same "the dog cannot be entered under the breeder within 6 mths of the breeder owning that dog"

What club was it Joan of Arc? Pm if you dont want to put it up public.

They had no right to do this.

I believe the QLD ruling is the same "the dog cannot be entered under the breeder within 6 mths of the breeder owning that dog"

What club was it Joan of Arc? Pm if you dont want to put it up public.

Joan of Arc clarifies upthread that she is in NSW but the show was in Victoria. I think the default "location" for profiles is QLD, which is why some people appear to be from QLD when they are not.

in the uk we are not allowed to show a dog under its breeder. we can enter breed classes if they are judging other breeds at the show, if they are doing group and we get BOB then we would have to withdraw from further competition.

i think this rule makes sense.