Oh My Goodness What A Morning!

Squidgy

Oh my goodness I was coming home on the bus this morning from my local shopping centre and it narrowly misses hitting this little brindle staffy! I have aksed to get off at the next stop instead of my usual to try and make sure this little fella gets home alright and doesnt have anymore gambles with his life.

Anyway I have got off the bus and gone over the pedestrian island thing where he was hiding to see if he/she was friendly, luckily for me yes HE was friendly and was quite willing to come with me , he was only a small little thing so I managedt to pick him up and carry him to somewhere quiet.

no collar no identification whatsoever.......luckily my nearest vet is only a 20minute walk from where he was found.

Vet scanned him turns out he is 10years young ( such a little cutie!!)

:D

Sad part is that we managed to get into contact with the owners who said to take him to pound :( as they cannot afford to deal with his medical conditions anymore, the vet asked what conditions they are talking about and they said he has bad arthritis :eek:

thats it arthritis :eek:

:( some people make me so angry I am going to contact my mate who is an absolute staffy lover to see if he is able to offer this guy a loving home. The owners are happy to sign him over which is a good thing, I cant stand to see him go to the pound hes to much of a sweetie. :)

Has anyone else dealt with people like this before?? I have always thought that if you are going to get a puppy then you are in it for the long haul through sickness and health :(

I hate it how dogs have now been seen as disposable

Edited by thundercat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, after working in a pound for three years, unfortunately there are hundreds if not thousands of people like this. Cretins. :mad

Good on you for getting off and helping the wee man out, I hope your friend can take him on :)

Edited by Aussie3

Im hoping that after my finishes work today that I will be able to contact him. This little man needs a loving home.

otherwise I think I have just found a new friend :o

Edited by thundercat

So the owners did not want to take him back? Sounds to me like they just took his ID off and let him go. :mad Poor guy, he is so lucky that you happened to be on that bus TC!

Nope :cry:

They said in exact words " take it to the pound I cant be bothered dealing his conditions anymore he to old anyway" :mad

I had to refrain from blowing my top at them...... and asked them nicely if they would sign him over into my name so that he doesn't run t he chance of being PTS

They are coming to my place tomorrow to sign him over, I am still going to contact my mate and tell him the situation

and if he wants him them thats fantastic but otherwise he isnt leaving me he is too precious to run the risk of being dumped or "accidently lost" again.

It's one thing to re home an animal due to not being able to afford it anymore, but to just toss it on the street is another thing entirely. :(

Edit to say: Thank you for showing the dog kindness and rescuing him. :thumbsup:

Edited by Minxy (Kyojin)

these are the stories that make my blood boil more than anything else...10 years of wonderful loyalty and service, and they can leave the dog to the mercy of the roads and then the pound! I hope there is such a thing as divine retribution.

these are the stories that make my blood boil more than anything else...10 years of wonderful loyalty and service, and they can leave the dog to the mercy of the roads and then the pound! I hope there is such a thing as divine retribution.

should also add..you're a star thundercat, for looking out for his welfare..onya!

regarding his arthritis , does saschas blend really work or would you suggest something else? :)

I would like to get started on his " condition" as soon as I can and give this guy a nice enjoyable last few years of life whether that be with me or my mate where I can go and see him all the time hehehe

Edited by thundercat

My partners sister dumped her dog onto her mum ( left it there for a holiday then said sorry they don't want it anymore as it's too old) anyway turns out she had cancer so only lived another couple of months then the week after she passed they bought a puppy ( supposedly a rescue 6 wks old mmm yeah right) anyway I just shook my head.. Out with the old in with the new...

Onya, thundercat. With people like you around, it's impossible to lose faith in human nature.

The older staffy sounds a real sweetie....and still alive, thanks to you.

regarding his arthritis , does saschas blend really work or would you suggest something else? :)

I would like to get started on his " condition" as soon as I can and give this guy a nice enjoyable last few years of life whether that be with me or my mate where I can go and see him all the time hehehe

Sasha's Blend, Glyde are all quite good for dogs with arthritis.

Maybe when his "owners" come round to sign him over to you, ask about which vet he's been to so you can go and discuss his condition.

Thank you for stopping and helping this guy!

What's his name and can we have pictures pretty please? :D