What Vets On Nsw Central Coast Titre Test?

Boronia

Does anyone know a vet on the NSW Central Coast who does antibody titre tests? I am finding out for a friend.

Any Vet can draw the blood and send it to pathology, obviously a pathology lab doing titre test.

a little more info: I need to find out what vet uses the vaccicheck, the levels can be checked at the time in the surgery. No need to go to the additional expense of sending the sample to a lab.

There are possibly a few in house titre tests but the one that was offered to us worked out costing pretty much the same as it is for us to send samples to the lab (direct to Vetpath) - about $80. But not many clinics up this way would be sending direct to Western Aus so prices with a regular lab would be significantly more than that.

I know Pfizer make an in-house test - you could possibly try to contact them and they might be able to tell you which clinic stock their tests? Or contact the Australian Vaccicheck company?

Stormie - does your vet pull the blood and you post it off, or does the vet send it to VetPath for you? and if you do the posting how do you package it?

I have a baby heading to SA and the new owners are asking about titre testing.

I am lucky enough to live in WA and can just drop it off to the lab myself.

Sorry, I'm a nurse at our clinic :)

VetPath provide us with all the packaging, ice packs etc, so it's just a matter of packing it up how they request and sending it off with the courier (all this is included in the price). We generally try to send samples off in the beginning of the week and in most cases get the results by the end of the week.

A Vet Nurse - Lucky you :D

So does the blood have to be spun before you send it with cold bricks in an overnight bag? I have sent blood to Jean Doods in the US - took it to Vetpath for spinning and then posted it without the cold bricks. I am guessing that most vets wouldn't hand over a vial of blood to a client????

I too have just recently sent bloods to Jean Dodds...

My Vet took the blood, spun it down, packaged it in a yellow top speciman jar, gave it to me, and I went to the Post Office, filled out the forms, and off it went :) ...

Should add this was for Thyroid testing, not the Titre testing, apologies to the OP for going :offtopic::o ...

a little more info: I need to find out what vet uses the vaccicheck, the levels can be checked at the time in the surgery. No need to go to the additional expense of sending the sample to a lab.

Should be available in house from now on or very soon as far as I have been told.

Pretty sure we don't spin it down but it's been ages since we last did one so I can't remember :o

We've been offering it for 2 1/2 years now and I think in that time we've only done about 6!!