What's The Age Limit For Moving From Limit To Main Reg?

Quinn ended up being pick of her litter, when the breeder and owner of the sire did the initial assessment she didnt come up as the top girl so was available for me as a pet. When they did the puppy puzzle at 7 weeks Quinn came out as pick but I was still lucky enough to get her :)

She's currently on limit register though the breeder and I did discuss transferring her to main at some stage. She's growing into a stunning girl (tho I am a bit biased ;) ) and I'm planning to work on obedience and agility titles with her so I keep meaning to talk to the breeder about transferring her to main to give us options down the track, but I think I'm running out of time!

So long story short, what's the age limit to transfer them?

Edited by Saxonpup

Quinn ended up being pick of her litter, when the breeder and owner of the sire did the initial assessment she didnt come up as the top girl so was available for me as a pet. When they did the puppy puzzle at 7 weeks Quinn came out as pick but I was still lucky enough to get her :)

She's currently on limit register though the breeder and I did discuss transferring her to main at some stage. She's growing into a stunning girl (tho I am a bit biased ;) ) and I'm planning to work on obedience and agility titles with her so I keep meaning to talk to the breeder about transferring her to main to give us options down the track, but I think I'm running out of time!

So long story short, what's the age limit to transfer them?

It will depend on the rules and regulations of Dogs ACT.

Dogs Victoria there is no upper age limit.

I have transferred 8 & 7 yo from Ltd to Main.

Good luck with your girl :)

You should show her, you will both have fun :walkdog:

Oh that's interesting, thanks lilli. I am actually very interested in showing her, at the moment it's all about having enough hours in the week! Once life settles down a bit I'll sort out what I'm going to do with her and the other two.

I'll see what I can find from DogsACT, and I need to update her breeder anyway but time just flies!

no age limit in NSW

the fees from limit to main reg. are just higher for the older dogs.

In NSW you need to get your breeder to sign a form to say that she/he thinks that the dog is a good example of the breed

My Tilly is six and I was going to do this as her breeder really wants me to enter her in neutral classes so I have been investigating all of this.

I'm planning to work on obedience and agility titles with her so I keep meaning to talk to the breeder about transferring her to main to give us options down the track, but I think I'm running out of time!

I can't answer your question sorry, but I did pick up on this line. Not sure if I misunderstood but just wanted to make sure that you knew that you are still able to do obedience and agility with a limited register dog. The only things you can't do with a limited reg dog (correct me if I am wrong) is conformation showing and breed from them. Everything else is still available to you :)