Need Help To Determine What Breed My New Dog Is

Squidgy

My first look & I say Kelpie x . Cant see any staffy but you just never know. I guess it doesnt really matter so long as you love her & she loves you. Beautiful girl by the way :) Name suits her.

• 1 month later...

post-45287-0-61386400-1336298851_thumb.jpgHello this is Phoebe

I adopted her the other day from a rescue who said she was a chihuahua cross , thing is what is the other cross or crosses? lol

I have been reading or lurking haha on this forum about 2 months and have seen some very acurate guesses in this type of situation.

:) Oh and Glad to be here this place is awesome I always recommend people to the dogzonline breeders listing when they want a purebred.

I see so many people on gumtree wanting a puppy so I always push them this way or if they are looking for a cross breed puppy I steer them towards the blacktown animal holding facility or other pounds and rescues :) I cant stand BYB'S!

Chihuahua/Rottweiler.

TC, you seem to be collecting quite a little 'pack' there. :laugh: Welcome Phoebe.

How is the old boy you recued from the "near miss bus/owners said "sick of his health issues, dump him at pound" incident doing?

post-45287-0-61386400-1336298851_thumb.jpgHello this is Phoebe

I adopted her the other day from a rescue who said she was a chihuahua cross , thing is what is the other cross or crosses? lol

I have been reading or lurking haha on this forum about 2 months and have seen some very acurate guesses in this type of situation.

:) Oh and Glad to be here this place is awesome I always recommend people to the dogzonline breeders listing when they want a purebred.

I see so many people on gumtree wanting a puppy so I always push them this way or if they are looking for a cross breed puppy I steer them towards the blacktown animal holding facility or other pounds and rescues :) I cant stand BYB'S!

Chihuahua/Rottweiler.

Chi Rotti X mmm speeking as a breeder thats a legistical excercise either way if dad was the Chi - you go stud, if dad was a Rotti mmm cant see it myself. Though I have seen a GSD bitch back up to a JR called 'Rocky' who stood on the back steps to achieve the height - funnyest thing I had ever seen.

TC, you seem to be collecting quite a little 'pack' there. :laugh: Welcome Phoebe.

How is the old boy you recued from the "near miss bus/owners said "sick of his health issues, dump him at pound" incident doing?

All is going fantastic him and phoebe are getting along great now :D

Black/tan can be quite a few dogs but I was thinking standard Dachshund cross however I prefer to have a good look at a dog from all angles and assess their behaviour as well before I take a guess just based on colouring.

Sadly there are so many unscrupulous people out there and some of them have 2 different crossbreeds bought from petshops and mate them. The results are a very mixed dog whose parentage is impossible to guess.

Try Brush Farm - great obedience classes and another my friend recommends is over at Homebush on a Sat afternoon but I don't ever like heading that way these days due to traffic .. took me 2 hours to get home the other week from there.

Edited by dogmad