Moon Shots - Tonight Extra Reason

Meant to mention earlier, now a bit late although it looks good. There was some media heads-up about it this morning, said it was closest in its path and would appear bigger and brighter than usual. Had every intention of driving up the hill to get a moonrise shot, and forgot, bother.

Did anyone who saw it early notice anything special, take any shots?

I have tried but mine didn't work out too well. :o (still a learner) I was going to start a thread asking for help with the manual settings but ended up doing some googling and reading a bit of the manual that came with the camera. :laugh: I will try again shortly. :crossfingers:

Love the pics guys! :thumbsup:

I did try again but w/o success. :( With the naked eye I could see all the craters and things, but just couldn't focus in on them with the camera. I'll figure it out eventually... :laugh:

7148447771_d17792e92d.jpg

I took this one about half an hour ago, not the best, but better than earlier attempts! :)

Love this pic! :thumbsup: What lens did you use MM?

Thanks!

I used the 28 - 300mm (I think that's it :o) on my new Nikon D700 body, it's fairly tightly cropped too :)

You got it!! Do you love it?

Nice shot! :)

We watched it rise over the Gulf as we were walking the dogs. It was pretty but have to say nothing spectacular. This morning I watched it set on the other side of the Cape and again, it was just an average full moon. The one a couple of months back was way more impressive LOL

I took this one about half an hour ago, not the best, but better than earlier attempts! :)

Thanks!

I used the 28 - 300mm (I think that's it :o) on my new Nikon D700 body, it's fairly tightly cropped too :)

Love doesn't begin to describe it! It's amazing! :love:

Thanks!

Love doesn't begin to describe it! It's amazing! :love:

It is, isn't it? :D