Dog Weeing N Pooing All Over Garden

hi everyone our dog normally wees n poos on a piece of artificial turf we have round the side but now its raining she's doing it everywhere which is the kids play area n where we sit outside which is goin to smell n unhiegenic. i totally understand why she wouldn't want to toilet in the rain.any simple way to solve this

Do regular pickups, and wash with a specific disinfectant type cleaner (not normal household disinfectant) ?

Put another bit of turf in a covered area?

make sure her bit of turf is very clean .

put up a divider/fence?

Sorry .....no real idea.

Make sure you are feeding somethign premium which helps to keep poos solid.

You could also get a petloo?

With regards to removing the smells from the pavers, I have a patio where my dogs sometimes go and another rescuer gave me this tip:

Bicarbonate of soda & vinegar

Sprinkle the bicarb over the stain and then pour the white vinegar over it - this creates a bit of fizzing.

Once that's done, get some water/disinfectant and scrub over as usual.

Try not to stress over it - at least your dog is going outside and in my books (200 foster dogs later) that is always a blessing in itself.

thanks for the tips guys, im not that bothered about the pooing, and yes she eats advance biccies, so her poos are nice and solid, hence it doesnt really matter where they are, its just the wees, cos it stains the pavers, and onviously makes them smell.

yes maybe i shouldt stress so much, i guess im lucky she is toilet trained and goes outside.

i was thinking of buying a tray and put the turf in there, and put it under cover, at least then it wont stain the pavers, and i can easily clean it.

I'm on a city block with a very little grass bit and lots of concrete, was recently given one of those hoselinks hose heads super jet. It's great! Did a test run on my concrete: yard broom and kennel clean vs just the hose (water, no chemicals) and it beats it by miles. I can see squiqqles where it's blasted the dirt off my concrete! :) So it's perfect for pee stains, you'd never know it was there.

thanks for the tips guys, im not that bothered about the pooing, and yes she eats advance biccies, so her poos are nice and solid, hence it doesnt really matter where they are, its just the wees, cos it stains the pavers, and onviously makes them smell.

yes maybe i shouldt stress so much, i guess im lucky she is toilet trained and goes outside.

i was thinking of buying a tray and put the turf in there, and put it under cover, at least then it wont stain the pavers, and i can easily clean it.

For the wees try putting a tablespoon of cloudy cider vinegar (the mother is cloudy) in the water bowl, that helps reduce the pong.

Could it be related to the stress she has been under with the visitors you have had or the fact that she has an infection?

Having said that, mine are sooks when it comes to going out in the rain.

Guest RANDCMOORE31

It's probably because the artificial turf is too smelly now. Mine go on artificial turf - but won't use it when it gets too smelly. Try giving it a good clean and flush through - and she'll probably go back to using it.