Buying From Usa

I've purchased a number of items from the US with no problems at all. I think there is a risk with any internet purchase and I have a Credit Card I use with a very limited amount availble for this purpose only. The bank has shut it down three times now as it has come up with attempted hacking (along with 100's of others) and they intercepted the attempt and issued me with another.

I would never use my main account on line.

I think the biggest thing to steer clear of if buying int he states is food or treats of any kind, I know some gets through but there is every chance it can get taken by customs.

I have bought lots of stuff from OS (USA and UK) I try to use pay pal if possible otherwise a visa card and never had a problem.

I have bought things online loads of time, using my debit card, and have never been scammed and never had any security scares that required a new card. I think it's pretty safe, and if something goes wrong, just get a reversal.

Obviously you have to be smart about it, don't buy from sites where things are ridiculously cheap compared to everywhere else, like if something that costs $800 everywhere else costs $20 on one website, I would stay away. Too good to be true (unless it's a well known and respected site). And also I wouldn't buy from a website with a really amateurish design or that had lots of spelling errors etc.

Guest donatella

I've bought harness, leash and hairbow sets from the US no probs at all

I am always buying from Clean Run in the States...no problems at all, just don't try to get any treats, food, or things made from animal fur,etc in as Customs will seize them. Just remember any thing electrical, they have a different power system to us in Oz.

Edited by sheena

I'm another that buys heaps from the USA, UK, Germany, Bulgaria, France, etc etc. Not all dog stuff, and some are big items that were shipped to my door. I use a Debit Card through PayPal if they have it, or use the Debit Card as a Visa CC. I have never had any problems.

I stick mostly with those I know, or I get recommendations from other buyers. Word of mouth goes a long way :)

Lynn