Smooth Haired Fox Terriers

highheels

I am interested in attending a dog show where smooth haired fox terriers are shown but can't find one as yet. I am in Victoria. Can someone tell me or direct me to a page where they are scheduled?

Thanks

HH

The Fox Terrier Club of Vic will hold it's show on june 9th at the State Dog Centre (KCC Park)

Will certainly be the biggest number of Smooths in one place at the one time that you will see I would imagine.

Cheers

Sue

I am interested in attending a dog show where smooth haired fox terriers are shown but can't find one as yet. I am in Victoria. Can someone tell me or direct me to a page where they are scheduled?

Thanks

HH

Thanks so much for your speedy replies!

Another question...are spectators allowed to take pet dogs (on leash of course) to these shows?

I have a fox terrier.

HH

You are allowed to take a dog that is not entered at the show in Victoria - don't know about the other states though

Another question...are spectators allowed to take pet dogs (on leash of course) to these shows?

I have a fox terrier.

HH

You are allowed to take a dog that is not entered at the show in Victoria - don't know about the other states though

I have a fox terrier.

HH

Sorry...Don't seem to be doing the replies right but just wanted to thank Ariedaler.

I have never been to a show but I would love to and want to go with family and take the dog! I'll certainly be there on June 9th now...thanks also to Leema.

HH

You can take your dog but be aware it will limit what you are able to do.

Dog shows are very busy & people are often in small spaces so if you really want to have a look or talk with the dog/s/people you will find it way easier without your dog especially if the show is indoors at KCC park .

Watching the breed in the ring from the side lines is very limited in space & holding a dog or having one standing with you may result in you being asked to move out of the way as the marshaling area is limited & if other shows/groups are on there all very close together .

The show mentioned is part of a busy weekend

Yup indoors at KCC can get very crowded and agree if you want to chat to breeders etc or get closer to pat etc a pet dog (who I'm sure is gorgeous and fantastic!!) will not be used to the noise and lack of space and other dogs in numerous numbers, may be incomfortable and anxious.

But again if he is a pretty chilled out kinda guy/gal they may be fine.

Yup indoors at KCC can get very crowded and agree if you want to chat to breeders etc or get closer to pat etc a pet dog (who I'm sure is gorgeous and fantastic!!) will not be used to the noise and lack of space and other dogs in numerous numbers, may be incomfortable and anxious.

But again if he is a pretty chilled out kinda guy/gal they may be fine.

Thanks missymoo and Show dog...very helpful replies. I have also looked at the KCC website since learning about it here. My dog is certainly not "chilled out"! Even our vet describes him as very enthusiastic so if we do take him one family member can keep him occupied while another goes inside.He is good on leash though.

This is a great site with very helpful members.

H

Really, at an indoor show at KCC park in June, with no real shelter outside, I would leave your dog at home. Then the whole family is free to chat to the showies/breeders and relax and enjoy the show. No stress for the people and none for the dog. Just my opinion.

Really, at an indoor show at KCC park in June, with no real shelter outside, I would leave your dog at home. Then the whole family is free to chat to the showies/breeders and relax and enjoy the show. No stress for the people and none for the dog. Just my opinion.