Can't Get Enough Of The Tiny

kja

I have a trio of tiny ta ta lizards that live on my back patio and often come hang out on the dog ramp but they are super skittish and I haven't been able to get a picture that even starts to show how small they are - and unfortunately, the little guys are growing daily! Today I finally had one let me approach a bit before scurrying away.

APR12_194kja.jpg

I went back out to the kitchen about ten minutes later and saw him on the ramp again, so I hit my belly and crept forward. He let me get a few frames and then off he went again. As I stood up I saw a little shadow over to my left.

Turned out to be a ta ta that was about 1/3 the size of the tiny one!!

APR12_197kja.jpg

Down on my belly again (helpful hint: little dresses with too long straps & no bra/bikini top not so good for scooting along concrete) to see how close I could get, figuring he'd bolt. But he was almost in a trance and let me get WAY up close and personal! It was so cool :thumbsup:

APR12_196kja.jpg

Of course, there's almost zero depth of field this close and with my aperture wide open, but the fun is in the trying and experimenting!

APR12_195kja.jpg

All of these are full frame with no cropping - shooting Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro 2.8 + Kenko 1.4 TC @f4

I do hope the eensy weensy one comes back to let me play again!

Edited by kja

I have a trio of tiny ta ta lizards that live on my back patio and often come hang out on the dog ramp but they are super skittish and I haven't been able to get a picture that even starts to show how small they are - and unfortunately, the little guys are growing daily! Today I finally had one let me approach a bit before scurrying away.

APR12_194kja.jpg

I went back out to the kitchen about ten minutes later and saw him on the ramp again, so I hit my belly and crept forward. He let me get a few frames and then off he went again. As I stood up I saw a little shadow over to my left.

Turned out to be a ta ta that was about 1/3 the size of the tiny one!!

APR12_197kja.jpg

Down on my belly again (helpful hint: little dresses with too long straps & no bra/bikini top not so good for scooting along concrete) to see how close I could get, figuring he'd bolt. But he was almost in a trance and let me get WAY up close and personal! It was so cool :thumbsup:

APR12_196kja.jpg

Of course, there's almost zero depth of field this close and with my aperture wide open, but the fun is in the trying and experimenting!

APR12_195kja.jpg

All of these are full frame with no cropping - shooting Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro 2.8 + Kenko 1.4 TC @f4

I do hope the eensy weensy one comes back to let me play again!

He was probably perving down your dress! :laugh: I love the photos.

So cute! I have juvenile water dragons at my place :) I went into my study the other night and there was one on the arm of my office chair. My first thought was "&*^% that's a big gecko!" :laugh:

They aren't as cute as the ta ta's though!