Greyhound Coats

juice

My brother in the USA has just sent me an email to say he adopted a retired greyhound ( Rodney Red is his name)

It gets very cold in Atlanta in winter and snows, he is a house dog, but i said he would need a nice warm coat too.

He has asked where to get one, can you buy them off the rack so to speak, or does anyone here make them? I would love to send him one( its summer there atm ,so no hurry). :)

My brother in the USA has just sent me an email to say he adopted a retired greyhound ( Rodney Red is his name)

It gets very cold in Atlanta in winter and snows, he is a house dog, but i said he would need a nice warm coat too.

He has asked where to get one, can you buy them off the rack so to speak, or does anyone here make them? I would love to send him one( its summer there atm ,so no hurry). :)

A friend and I are working on some designs at the moment - should have one hot off the presses in a few weeks, if you are interested. :)

Actually a pattern would be good, my mum made my BT a fleece coat when she came over as she is handy, she used her old one as a template, so sure she could whip one up with a pattern :)

Chillydogs would be out of their price range, i had one once, way too big even though i gave measurements. :(

Chillydogs are good - they do a long and lean design. I've just discovered www.d-fadogs.com who are an NZ company.

Otherwise look up D&D Coats on FB - itsmeg from DOL makes them and is outfitting half the Danes in Oz!!

If you do not buy locally, Ebay is your friend. They also have a very good selection of Martingale collars hand made in the States starting at about $20.00.

Obviously, you pay much less for postage if you buy from the US.