Aaarggh! Yuck

Simply Grand

My baby girl Quinn just ate a mouse while I was holding onto her trying to get her to drop it :(

The cat had caught and I think killed it and Quinny ran straight over and grabbed it from him. I ran over to try and get her to spit it out, tried telling her to leave it, saying swap, which works for treats, grabbing her scruff, lifting her back legs up, pulling her backwards, but the more I tried the tighter she held it, then a couple of munches and poor

mousie was gone.

No soft mouthed retriever here :(

Send her here if you like. :D

We seem to have a plaque atm. They run straight past my dogs and they just watch them. :laugh:

Occassionally when they hear a squeak they'll prick their ears and look interested, but that's about it.

I went to empty the vacuum cleaner the other day and guess what jumped out right infront of me? :eek:

Mind you, Princess our rescue fox terrier x was right there and just watched it run past. I couldn't believe it.

"Some little hunter you are!" I told her. :laugh:

The huskies have caught a few rats outside over the years. Thankfully they don't eat them though.

My baby girl Quinn just ate a mouse while I was holding onto her trying to get her to drop it :(

The cat had caught and I think killed it and Quinny ran straight over and grabbed it from him. I ran over to try and get her to spit it out, tried telling her to leave it, saying swap, which works for treats, grabbing her scruff, lifting her back legs up, pulling her backwards, but the more I tried the tighter she held it, then a couple of munches and poor

mousie was gone.

Lucky she didn't want to give you a kiss right away. :rofl:

She wasn't getting near me for a kiss! I shut her outside for a while in case she threw it back up, I do not need regurgitated mouse in my house! She was fine tho.

Now she won't leave Charlie (the cat) alone, she's following him around hoping he'll provide another tasty snack - insert rolly eye man.

I suppose I could hire them out as a rodent catch and dispose team...

Enya was like that too, Puppy_Sniffer :) She loved catching mice, and when she did she would walk around with a live mouse in her mouth, wriggling tail hanging out from between her lips!

Nova, on the other hand, found a mouse the other day that fell into one of the water bowls and drowned. She had a wow of a time throwing it around the backyard and catching it. I discovered her, yelled at her to drop it, and she promptly swallowed it instead (insert rolly eyes) :laugh:

Guest Willow

I have ended up laying traps at our place because the mice have got so bad. My Staffy grabbed a full trap with a dead mouse this morning and ran off with it!!! I got it back off him and disposed of the body properly!!!!

mousie was gone.

Yuck!!! I would of died!!!

She wasn't getting near me for a kiss! I shut her outside for a while in case she threw it back up, I do not need regurgitated mouse in my house! She was fine tho.

Now she won't leave Charlie (the cat) alone, she's following him around hoping he'll provide another tasty snack - insert rolly eye man.

I suppose I could hire them out as a rodent catch and dispose team...

What a team they make too. At least dogs don't 'play' with their food like cats do. :rofl: