Lens Stuck On Camera Body!

:wave:

Has anyone had this problem before...

My 50mm 1.8 is stuck on my 7D camera body! :(

I have googled and on a couple of camera forums people are saying that it is probably a screw loose and just to snap the lens off rather than pay approx $500 to send it away to have it fixed! :eek:

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?

I use the 50mm lens 90% of the time, but I was just about to buy a macro lens, which will be now no good if I can't put it on the body! :cry:

Any suggestions?

That would suck. I've never had (or heard of anyone I know having) this problem.

Surely a little pressure and some wiggling, persistence and patience should let it come loose?

good luck!

Try asking over on POTN or is that where you saw about the loose screw.

I did try putting my 50mm on my nieces 450D the other day and was shocked at how tight it was, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it off. I would've thought all the fittings would be the same.

Good luck, dont force anything, if you have to take it into a camera shop.

Thanks for the replies.

Yep was looking on POTN and that's where they suggested a screw loose and to just snap it off as it is a cheap lens.

Have been wriggling and applying pressure for 2 days now :(

I may have to give in and take it to a camera repair shop.

I did pop into Ted's camera shop yesterday when I was at the plaza and the 2 people in there said that they have never seen anything like that and he had a fiddle and couldn't get it off either!

I'm in the process of possibly buying a Nikon camera after playing with a friend's D700, so may just keep the 7D with the 50mm on it and get it fixed later down the track..

Have you had your 7D for long? Aren't you happy with it? Do you think the Nikon is better and if so, in what way?

That's a big step to change over.

If you are interested we're having a whippet fun day at Wandin next month. It might be worthwhile coming along and taking some action photos for practice. I've got a 7D too so we can compare notes.

I've had the 7D for probably a year now.

I do like it a lot, I just found when playing around with a friends Nikon I liked that more.

The D800 preforms amazingly in low light, which was a big thing for me.

The Nikon felt like a sturdier, strong camera (although a little heavier)

I'm still just throwing the idea around, but the more I read up on the Nikon, the more I am liking it.

Thanks for the invite for the Whippet day, it's a little far away but I will try and make it if I can! :)