Pet Mince From The Supermarket

Might be worth investing in a chest freezer? I don't think they are very expensive to buy and run... :)

I have one already but I don't think a whole cow would fit in it.......

You might get a fright at the cost of the steer though, especially seeing it is only for the dogs. We get ours done & it works out at about $7 to $8 per kilo, which includes all the bones, & all the fat. Expensive dog bones which I mainly throw out because I don't find beef bones real suitable for dogs & the fat I have no use for. Sometimes I boil the bones down & make stock....but it is expensive stock. Unless you are going to eat the meat yourself, it works out heaps cheaper just to keep your eye out at the supermarket & buy things when they are on special, if you want to feed them human cuts of meat. To buy a steer & have it cut up, depending on the weight of the steer, you would be looking at least $1000.00 :)

Will have to ask, I guess. My husband would be able to butcher it himself though so I don't know if that would make it cheaper...... but still don't really have the room to store a whole cow.

I know the station owners often give old cows or injured ones away to the local aboriginal community, I don't think it would matter to the dogs at all if they were old, but I do wonder if they are sick or cancerous, would be bad for the dogs?

If you don't like cutting up meat, you may well be able to buy organs roughly diced for you. I have bought diced heart, kidneys and liver from supermarkets here.

I did ask the butchers, they would do it but I normally forget to organise it in advance and then don't have time to wait. Woollies and Coles don't seem to sell anything other than whole bits.