Is It Acceptable To Leave Dog Stools On The Footpath?

ChloeEastwood

I once looked after a dog that would give no signals when he wanted to go, he'd just stop when he needed, including once on the path of a major shopping and cafe strip and once in the middle of the road (he got dragged to the side of the road quick smart!). I can't believe that anyone would think it acceptable to not pick up on a footpath - ew! I always carry bags, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in my local park who does. To make it worse, the only bin available is right on the far side of the park from all the amenities and by a busy road with no footpath, which probably makes some people not bother, especially when it means walking through long wet grass and mud. To me it seems sensible that if you have a toilet block, playground, sports stand, footpath and carpark on one side of the park that it might be a good idea to provide a bin there as well, but the council apparently don't agree with me :( It also means that rubbish of various sorts tends to get left around.

When I was a kid we had a neighbour whose teenaged kid for some reason decided that the place for his bearded collie to relieve himself was our nature strip, and would actually walk him back and forth outside our place until the dog did his business. I have no idea what we had done to incur this, but it fortunately didn't last for very long. I wonder now whether my dad used the Letterbox Technique!

The nerve of the pair. What's the Letterbox Technique?

Picking up and Returning to Sender. Suitably bagged, of course. Although that's not really my dad's style, he's much more polite and probably would have talked to the kid's dad.

I have friends who find it not just weird, but actually insulting that anyone should pick up after a dog, and are also the school of people who will always walk the dog off their property to let it do its thing. The second is no bad thing, but I cannot fathom the reasoning behind the combination - my dog, but everyone else's crap?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the concept of Bagging Dog sh12 came about I was really in two minds as I had this image of landfil, thousands of years old full of non biodegradable dispoable nappies and little bags of dog turds.

I'm so pleased that the bags today do break down and are biodegradable. It used to be tricky putting little doos in newspaper or brown paper bags. There is no reason for not doing it nowadays.

When the concept of Bagging Dog sh12 came about I was really in two minds as I had this image of landfil, thousands of years old full of non biodegradable dispoable nappies and little bags of dog turds.

And all the archaeologists in a couple of thousand years digging up millions of bagged poops and saying 'what is this mysterious substance and why did ancient man fight so hard to preserve so much of it' :laugh:

I once looked after a dog that would give no signals when he wanted to go, he'd just stop when he needed, including once on the path of a major shopping and cafe strip and once in the middle of the road (he got dragged to the side of the road quick smart!). I can't believe that anyone would think it acceptable to not pick up on a footpath - ew! I always carry bags, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in my local park who does. To make it worse, the only bin available is right on the far side of the park from all the amenities and by a busy road with no footpath, which probably makes some people not bother, especially when it means walking through long wet grass and mud. To me it seems sensible that if you have a toilet block, playground, sports stand, footpath and carpark on one side of the park that it might be a good idea to provide a bin there as well, but the council apparently don't agree with me :( It also means that rubbish of various sorts tends to get left around.

When I was a kid we had a neighbour whose teenaged kid for some reason decided that the place for his bearded collie to relieve himself was our nature strip, and would actually walk him back and forth outside our place until the dog did his business. I have no idea what we had done to incur this, but it fortunately didn't last for very long. I wonder now whether my dad used the Letterbox Technique!

The nerve of the pair. What's the Letterbox Technique?

Picking up and Returning to Sender. Suitably bagged, of course. Although that's not really my dad's style, he's much more polite and probably would have talked to the kid's dad.

I have friends who find it not just weird, but actually insulting that anyone should pick up after a dog, and are also the school of people who will always walk the dog off their property to let it do its thing. The second is no bad thing, but I cannot fathom the reasoning behind the combination - my dog, but everyone else's crap?

Now that's one parcel I hope to never receive!

And all the archaeologists in a couple of thousand years digging up millions of bagged poops and saying 'what is this mysterious substance and why did ancient man fight so hard to preserve so much of it' :laugh:

:rofl: