Sydney Royal

-Megz-

Going to start this topic with a big disclaimer.

I'm not having a go at anyone or trying to cause contention - I'm just asking a question!!

So this year at the Sydney Royal Groups were awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and only class offered was Puppy. All very stock standard. However then only BIS and RUIS was awarded, so my question is, Why? This is actually in direct contradiction to the regulations as laid out by the ANKC in how this format is judged.

*hides*

Edited by -Megz-

Held under the Rules and Regulations of the Royal Agricultural Society of

NSW and Dogs NSW. In the event of a conflict the Regulations of the RAS prevail unless otherwise determined by the Committee.

This is on the info pack we got so i gather they decided to award to there or all agreed

It was very odd. I've never been to Sydney Royal before, but they also awarded Best Australian Breed in Show. Is that normal?

Which went to the Border Collie who won group 1st in the working dog group.

I thought they were English/Scottish?? You know, from the border region of England and Scotland? You learn something every day. :o

+1 :o(

They originated on the border of England/Scotland but Australia is recognised as the country of development of the breed. Some agree with this, some don't but that's why they are included in the Australian Breed competition.

Edited by benshiva