A Question Regarding Dq And Ethics

angelsun

The colour is bb and a true chocolate (as we refer to them as) has a red nose and eye rims. To date, we have not had any choco's that are black nose/eye rims.

I think the key arguement lies with the standard listing four colours (as I noted above) with the statement that any other colour should be considered unacceptable and not permitted.

There are items in our standard that read 'undesirable' but clearly are not stated as being a DQ issue. Some are listed as severe faults, others as minor faults, but I read "not permitted" to be a simple cut and dried statement of fact and not open to interpretation. (?)

Is the colour an "undesirable" or a DQ? There's a difference.

Exactly to this ,I don't now of many standards in Australia that have a true DQ in there standard but most have undesireable.

One of the stand out breeds for this is Black/Tan Poms but the colour is awarded & wins groups .

I now there is much debate amongst the bred people ( i don't own the breed but this is an example)

All colours permissible, but free from black or white shadings. Whole colours are: white, black, brown, light or dark, blue as pale as possible. Orange which should be self-coloured and bright as possible, Beaver. Cream dogs have black noses and black eye rims. Whites must be quite free from lemon or any other colour. A few white hairs in any of the self-coloured dogs permissible but undesirable. Dogs (other than white) with white or tan markings highly undesirable and not considered whole coloured specimens. In parti-coloured dogs, colours evenly distributed on body in patches; a dog with white or tan feet or chest not a parti-coloured dog. Shaded sables should be shaded throughout with three or more colours, the hair to be as uniformly shaded as possible, and with no patches of self-colour. In mixed classes, where whole coloured and parti-coloured Pomeranians compete together, the preference should, if in all other points they are equal, be given to the whole coloured specimens.

In Australia it comes back to....

Allowable Colours Listing be discontinued as a mandatory document for registration.

The colours, variations and patterns as stated in the current Breed Standards will be the criteria for registration on the Main Register.

Dogs with colours, variations or patterns not in the Breed Standard will be registered on the Limited Register.

Tracey Barry

ANKC Administrator

16 June 2009