Royal Easter Show...

esky

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knew how I can find out the exact (or close to) times for certain breeds of dogs being judged at the show?

I am wanting to go down this Thursday when the Pekes are being judged but cannot seem to find any time frames??

I know it is definitely Thursday but that's it.

Any help appreciated.

If you look in the Show Ring thread/forum, Sway has posted all the Sydney Royal information. Looks like there are just two start times - morning and afternoon! Nothing more specific. I'm going out today hoping to see lots of Labs.

ETA I just checked - Pekes are judged after 1pm, after Griffon B and Japanese Chin.

Edited by Katdogs

Chis were listed in the Purina guide as on at 1.30 Tuesday - they came on at 1.20-ish. Pretty close. There was a break from judging before that - and as someone else said, the police dog's did a "Bite the policewoman in the padded suit" display. Always worth getting there early so you dont miss your favorites.

Big pity is - you had no idea who was winning, which breeders, kennels etc because catalogues aren't available. So disappointing. No chis on display to pat after, either, but there were lots of lovely huskies, springer spaniels, sharpei, Pyreneans and bulldogs you could pat. Dog of the day on the stall - gorgeous CKCS in all colours.

Chis were listed in the Purina guide as on at 1.30 Tuesday - they came on at 1.20-ish. Pretty close. There was a break from judging before that - and as someone else said, the police dog's did a "Bite the policewoman in the padded suit" display. Always worth getting there early so you dont miss your favorites.

Big pity is - you had no idea who was winning, which breeders, kennels etc because catalogues aren't available. So disappointing. No chis on display to pat after, either, but there were lots of lovely huskies, springer spaniels, sharpei, Pyreneans and bulldogs you could pat. Dog of the day on the stall - gorgeous CKCS in all colours.

The chi's would of been hidden up the back under the stairs to the cafe in the 'toy' benches. We were in there on friday, and will be again this week. It sucked, as we didn't get to display our dogs to the public, which last week we were there with the cavies. A shame that ALL of the cavaliers (despite being the feature breed at this years show) were all in the 'toy' benches up the back hidden away, and the public only had two at the stall to pat, and talk too. You would think that at least the feature breed would be on display to the public. I think there were about 30 there that could of been admired, and more breeders to talk and spread the love of a beautiful breed. But alas, up the back we were. I know the benches up the back are smaller and designed for the toys, but i have no idea why all the toy breeds are hidden from public display, when i would imagine they are hugely popular for people to see!!!!!!! So you probably won't see peke's out of the ring either!!!

As for times, all toys and terriers are being judged by one judge in the first ring as you come from the direction of the showbag pavillion. I had a look at times, and your right there is only two timeframes, but the peke's will have griffon's and japanese chins in the ring before they are on. They are relatively small breeds (about 15 per breed as per the catalogue), and would only take fortyfive minutes, to an hour and peke's are the last breed to be judged by that judge, so I would say it would not be before 2:00-2:30, providing they keep to the lunch break etc. But keep an eye on the ring anyway, griff's and chins are delightful to watch anyway!!!!!!!! Hope this helps a little though!!