Agility Lovers

While googling American field labradors who are running in agility trials, I came across the site below:

Do we have MACH in Australia? If so, is it a title and/or qualification? How it is achieved?

http://fastlabs.limecreek.com/dog/lime-creeks-punkin-patootie

To earn a MACH you have to earn so many what they call QQ's - I have no idea what exactly constitutes a double Q.

In Aus we have the old Agility Champion (Ag Ch) which was 10 x 1sts and 10 x placings in Agility and Jumping respectively. Now we have the new Ag Ch (height) which means that every height competes against itself for points. 1st in your height being 25 points, 2nd being 20 and 3rd being 15, with 10 points for a pass. You need 500 points in each Agility and Jumping to qualify. Each new Agility Champion also has their height noted - so Ag Ch (500).

The new one is an attempt to make it fair for the steady but consistent dogs who rarely win but get plenty of passes, as well as the dogs in other height categories other than the 500 dogs. Unfortunately it's now become a bit lopsided when we have a lot of 500 dogs and a small handful of other height categories. It's made it much harder for the 500 dogs to earn their Ag Ch, but far easier for the other height categories.

Edited to add: Out of curiosity I took a look at the MACH qually - to me it sounds like qualifying in Masters Agility and Masters Jumping at the same trial would be a QQ, and you need 20 of them for a MACH, plus 750 points which you earn for being under course time (1 point per 1 second under SCT).

Edited by Jess.

While googling American field labradors who are running in agility trials, I came across the site below:

Do we have MACH in Australia? If so, is it a title and/or qualification? How it is achieved?

http://fastlabs.limecreek.com/dog/lime-creeks-punkin-patootie

To earn a MACH you have to earn so many what they call QQ's - I have no idea what exactly constitutes a double Q.

In Aus we have the old Agility Champion (Ag Ch) which was 10 x 1sts and 10 x placings in Agility and Jumping respectively. Now we have the new Ag Ch (height) which means that every height competes against itself for points. 1st in your height being 25 points, 2nd being 20 and 3rd being 15, with 10 points for a pass. You need 500 points in each Agility and Jumping to qualify. Each new Agility Champion also has their height noted - so Ag Ch (500).

The new one is an attempt to make it fair for the steady but consistent dogs who rarely win but get plenty of passes, as well as the dogs in other height categories other than the 500 dogs. Unfortunately it's now become a bit lopsided when we have a lot of 500 dogs and a small handful of other height categories. It's made it much harder for the 500 dogs to earn their Ag Ch, but far easier for the other height categories.

Edited to add: Out of curiosity I took a look at the MACH qually - to me it sounds like qualifying in Masters Agility and Masters Jumping at the same trial would be a QQ, and you need 20 of them for a MACH, plus 750 points which you earn for being under course time (1 point per 1 second under SCT).

Yep a QQ is a double Q one in MXJ and one in MX back to back at a comp... I have alot of friends competing over in the usa and all they ever talk about is the QQs as they need them for just about any major event like nationals or world team trials this assures that only the best of the best compete and as their nation is so much bigger would cut on numbers...

Yep, what they said. Basically America's/AKC's version of our Ag Ch. Though dogs can have multiple MACH's, the record is something crazy like MACh20 or something!

It stands for Master Agility Champion... I think :)

Eta: re-read the original post. Yes it is a title.

Edited by DogSportObsessed