She Should Have Known Better

HugUrPup

I don't know if she is deliberately trying to get on my nerves or if she really is so stupid..

The girl went and bought a puppy from a pet shop. Her 6 year old brother knows better.

She even lied to me and said he came with papers.

I am so ashamed and furious. She's 21 years old this year and I can't even look at her now.

Yes same daughter who got the sick kitten from a pet shop.

I have a headache...

Edited by HugUrPup

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she doesn't live under your roof, there's not much you can do other than to make sure she is and remains responsible to that puppy, in sickness (I hope that's not the case) and in health.

She will love and take care of her puppy, I am just so angry and disappointed in her.

How hard is it to come and ask me to find a staffy breeder... seriously... :(

I have a feeling her puppy is Amstaff or PB cross too, which means she won't be able to register him. She's up for some heart break.

He also looks like he may have worms.. very skinny for an 8 week old pup.

I can understand your frustration, but unfortunately she has the pup now.

It might be a good idea for her to take him to the vet asap for a check up.

Is she in Vic?....Hope she doesn't have trouble registering with her local council, if he looks like a mixed bull breed. :(

Maybe you should go and speak to the pet shop about the possibility of the dog being declared. If the dog is declared and it can't be proven the dog is not a restricted breed, it will be destroyed. If that happens, the shop could also be in trouble. Nobody is allowed to sell a dog that is a restricted breed without informing the new owner that it's a restricted breed.

I know of someone who this happened to,(the dog was purchased 9 months previous) and the pet shop was most helpful,(after being informed they could be in trouble),in supplying the details of the people who had bred the dog, and the owner was able to prove the dog was not restricted. All turned out okay, but this wouldn't always the case.

I hope this dog will be safe.

I know it isn't your responsibility to go to the petshop and find this out, but for the sake of saving an innocent dog, I would do that. It's not the poor dog's fault.

Aussie really? Let's no go there ok?

Sumosmum, that's a good idea. I actually phoned her half an hour ago to tell her about him possibly being a declared breed and she said that she wasn't lying and did get papers and said she will text me a photo of it. That makes me really suss because I know that pet shop doesn't sell with papers and aren't allowed to.

I will be contacting them after Easter.

I can understand how it happens, I'm much older than her and have bought a sick dog from a pet shop in the past so should know better but I don't know if I'd be able to stop myself if some poor soul called out to me again, that is why I avoid pet shops normally. It can be very very hard to walk away and leave them to an unknown fate :(

Aussie really? Let's no go there ok?

Sumosmum, that's a good idea. I actually phoned her half an hour ago to tell her about him possibly being a declared breed and she said that she wasn't lying and did get papers and said she will text me a photo of it. That makes me really suss because I know that pet shop doesn't sell with papers and aren't allowed to.

I will be contacting them after Easter.

It's possible they (the breeders) do it and just disregard the COE.

Will be interested to see what she texts, was it from F&F? I saw some advertised there (just the breed).

Ive seen pups for sale in NSW pet shops with ANKC Mains registration papers....they have them on consignment so the pet shop never actually owns them.

Really!!! :confused:

Edited by LizT

Wonder if the pup came from the same place one of my grooming clients bought a so called purebred Chi with "papers". The papers were a photo copy of a pedigree that had been white inked out for most of the details. Oh and the Chi grew fairly big and looks very Pom like too. They knew the papers were useless but just wanted that puppy in the window...

My sister did the same thing a few weeks ago. It makes me feel like banging my head against a wall. The purebred smooth JRT that was 6 weeks at date of purchase (lord knows at what age it was taken from its mother two states over) appears to be mysteriously morphing into a broken coat Fox terrier JRT cross. $650 with a free dodgy vet check,thanks for coming. sigh.I'll have to look but I think this little guy came with some sort of 'papers' too.

I have no issue with crosses, but I do have an issue with Petshop puppies and the age they take them for shipping & sale as well as the source of the puppies.

The problem when people "save" these poor puppies is that for every time a person purchases a pup from a pet shop, it keeps the business alive. When people stop buying them is when the puppy farms will stop producing them.

She still hasn't shown me these "papers".

I would just not talk to your daughter about the dog. Simple

Its quite clear she can't learn a lesson so why keep trying? No matter what happens to this dog (re breed legislation) she will probably just go out and buy something else on impulse in the future.

Harassing her will only ruin your relationship, talking about the dog will only encourage her so simply don't talk about it. Tell her your disappointed and move on and talk about other things- if she goes back to talking about the dog repeat that your disappointed and that you want to talk about something else.