Now For The Waiting, I Hate Waiting

Fern has a growth on her foot, she is 5 and 1/2, it looks like a benign histiocytoma. Vet is a little bit concerned Fern is older then average to get one. So the lump comes off on Wednesday and will be sent away for pathology. Percentage wise the odds are on Fern's side but that little bit of doubt is there and I am going to be like a cat on a hot tin roof until it comes back benign and it's Easter so may take longer to get the results :crossfingers:

Edited by Rebanne

Good luck I'm sure it will be nothing sinister and all will be well with your girl, the waiting is a killer, I'll be in the same boat soon too, having a consult tomorrow for Cooper and probly surgery later in the week. It sucks as its all I can think about! Fingers crossed its all good!!

Edited by tlc

Good luck I'm sure it will be nothing sinister and all will be well with your girl, the waiting is a killer, I'll be in the same boat soon too, having a consult tomorrow for Cooper and probly surgery later in the week. It sucks as its all I can think about! Fingers crossed its all good!!

They will both be fine and we will laugh at ourselves - later :)

everything crossed here for both - it will be all clear...

Guest Panzer Attack!

You poor thing, i went thru this recently with my older boy, it was all good news and no regrowth as yet thank goodness! Fingers and paws crossed for you. :)

everything crossed here for both - it will be all clear...

everything crossed here too [including my legs and eyes] hoping for good news :)

Fern is home and her lump will be sent off. I thought she would have 5 or 6 stitches but she has 20 to 30 stitches :eek: and it's quite deep (vet's words). All bandaged up for the time being so I haven't seen it. Vet said she hopes its a benign histio and it's good it's being sent off, hmmm, not exactly confidence inspiring.

Fern is home and her lump will be sent off. I thought she would have 5 or 6 stitches but she has 20 to 30 stitches :eek: and it's quite deep (vet's words). All bandaged up for the time being so I haven't seen it. Vet said she hopes its a benign histio and it's good it's being sent off, hmmm, not exactly confidence inspiring.

Sadly the lump that you can see and feel is usually only the tip of the iceberg so to speak...

They need to Ian for clear margin in the first op, so they don't have to go back again.

They actually had to go back on Ollie once, it was just horrible putting him back in just 3 days after the original op...

Good luck, I hope it comes back benign and clear